Speculation: Pens are favored to just make the playoffs according to Vegas Odds. Do you agree?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Healthy, but I think Sid was clearly worn down during the home stretch. His productivity nosedived and naturally so did the team.
More so, Rust got put in his line down the stretch, for basically no reason. Rakell and Sid were playing much better hockey.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
With the crappy 3rd line they have to out of their minds.. This team is slightly improved with better defensive style players who may be able to score 7 - 12 goals on the 4rth line. If they have good years...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
More so, Rust got put in his line down the stretch, for basically no reason. Rakell and Sid were playing much better hockey.

From the beginning of March, Sid and Rakell at a 0 and Sid and Rust were a +4. That's probably the reason.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I'd say they should be able to make the playoffs. But going in with the same head coach who lost all those 3rd periods leads last season, makes makes me think they'll find a way to miss the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
They blew 17 leads in the third period last year, have to imagine even by luck that'll improve. Graves and Smith are also upgrades over Dumoulin and Zucker. I think the pens are back to being a playoff team but they're still a first round exit. Need a couple more big moves to get real talent here to really move the needle.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
They missed by a point last year

It's about the same team right now

So yeah they SHOULD make it.... But it's early
Crosby and Malkin played all 82 games last season (for the first time) I highly doubt they do that this season.
Pens will battle Islanders, Sabres, Panthers, Sens, Caps - 6 teams battling for two wild card spots.

There is no doubt play offs are better with Pitt in......but I think have even less chance this season than last

Last edited:

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Crosby and Malkin played all 82 games last season (for the first time) I highly doubt they do that this season.
Pens will battle Islanders, Sabres, Panthers, Sens, Caps - 6 teams battling for two wild card spots.

There is no doubt play offs are better with Pitt in......but I think have even less chance this season than last
But odds aren't really written with injuries

It's on paper

And on paper, this team should easily challenge for playoffs

Whether that chance crashes and burns one week in, well, we will see... Make your bets

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
But odds aren't really written with injuries

It's on paper

And on paper, this team should easily challenge for playoffs

Whether that chance crashes and burns one week in, well, we will see... Make your bets
Yup, and the thread title states in Vegas "Pens are favored to make play offs".... not Pens are favored to "challenge for play offs".

As odds aren't really written with challenging.

I'll bet they don't make play offs.......... I would bet they challenge for play offs ...... but ya cant make that bet in Vegas.

Cheers

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yup. Sullivans coaching leaves alot to be desired.

Dubass claims he didnt have freedom to run thinks in Toronto?......wait till he even thinks about replacing Sullivan in Pittsburg.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Yup. Sullivans coaching leaves alot to be desired.

Dubass claims he didnt have freedom to run thinks in Toronto?......wait till he even thinks about replacing Sullivan in Pittsburg.
I'd say it's pretty clear by the decisions/moves for forwards that Dubas is doing what Sullivan wants. So much for autonomy, or he's just as stupid as Sully.

Reactions: Andy99 and PaulD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad