Post-Game Talk: Pens 7, Ducks 4: So @ColePens Wrote, So It Came to Pass . . . Until Geno Defied The Sacred Scrolls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Hopefully tonight is the night that snaps Geno out of his recent funk. With the way Sid is playing, adding a hungry God-mode Geno to the mix will be really fun to watch.

Tonight was one of those games where Murray wasn't on his 'A' game, but he showed the fight where he bent but didn't completely break. That was missing earlier in the season, IMO. Earlier in the year, if he let in 3 in the first, he'd just keep on letting in more and more the rest of the game.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So about the stripping Sid of his Captaincy thing, Orpik, Staal, Adams, Cooke proposed it while Fleury, Malkin, Duper and Asham were very against it. After the discussion Geno said the bull**** stuff. Honestly looking at those names, Im not super surprised.

What?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It was cool to see Kessel grinding like that. Outmuscled a Duck on his goal, but he also was down near the net on the Guentzel PPG.
Phil was flying out there tonight. I mean he almost looked like a cartoon character, maybe the roadrunner. He visibly looked dominant tonight, Geno in the 3rd as well. Simons a very steady performer, almost always on the right side of the puck. Sid's measly assist doesn't accurately depict the game he had tonight. He drove the play all freakin night! Pearson finishing, not overly remarkable but helps get the job done.

Reactions: Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Phil was flying out there tonight. I mean he almost looked like a cartoon character, maybe the roadrunner. He visibly looked dominant tonight, Geno in the 3rd as well. Simons a very steady performer, almost always on the right side of the puck. Sid's measly assist doesn't accurately depict the game he had tonight. He drove the play all freakin night! Pearson finishing, not overly remarkable but helps get the job done.

Games like this remind me how awesome it has been to be a fan of this team. Just so much talent and drive on this team. There's some other really good hockey teams out there but if we can play like this we'll have a chance against anybody, and nobody will want to meet us in a playoff series.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

@pixiesfanyo posted this earlier

I mean, how legit is that? This is literally the first time I've heard that. You'd think if it was well known, there'd be a lot more coverage than some random tweet/post about it.

Also, *if* it happened, it was due to Sid being out with the concussion and it being unknown if he'd ever return, not because he was playing but they lost faith in his leadership capability.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I really want to know what moron players were discussing that. Probably Orpik and Adams or something.

I don't think the team would have ever stripped Sid while he was out even if the players asked for it. But good on Geno for shutting that BS down.

It was apparently Orpiks idea and Cooke, Staal and Adams were in support.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I really want to know what moron players were discussing that. Probably Orpik and Adams or something.

I don't think the team would have ever stripped Sid while he was out even if the players asked for it. But good on Geno for shutting that BS down.
Nailed it. You just know that if there was a problem, those two were at the root of it.

So about the stripping Sid of his Captaincy thing, Orpik, Staal, Adams, Cooke proposed it while Fleury, Malkin, Duper and Asham were very against it. After the discussion Geno said the bull**** stuff. Honestly looking at those names, Im not super surprised.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
cut.jpeg
I'll definitely be betting on New Jersey. :laugh:

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Not sure what it ended up as but wow!!!!

I've been saying for weeks that I've never watched another NHL player so dominant in my 34 years of watching NHL.

Wayne and Mario in their collective heydays, used to make dmen and goalies look silly off the rush at least a few shifts a game.

This guy, right now, is making everyone in the league look silly in the corners and along the walls almost every shift. I dont even know of a comparison for him right now.

Lindros at his very best was awesome in those areas, but even that isn't comparable. And he certainly didnt have the start/stop capabilities that Crosby has coming off the boards.

We're all watching a pure student of the game with one of the highest ever talent levels ever to play, "game" the game.

It's something to behold, and we may never see it again. Im confident in saying that if he had the talent on his line that the other top scorers do, he'd be leading the scoring race by a landslide.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I've been saying for weeks that I've never watched another NHL player so dominant in my 34 years of watching NHL.

Wayne and Mario in their collective heydays, used to make dmen and goalies look silly off the rush at least a few shifts a game.

This guy, right now, is making everyone in the league look silly in the corners and along the walls almost every shift. I dont even know of a comparison for him right now.

Lindros at his very best was awesome in those areas, but even that isn't comparable. And he certainly didnt have the start/stop capabilities that Crosby has coming off the boards.

We're all watching a pure student of the game with one of the highest ever talent levels ever to play, "game" the game.

It's something to behold, and we may never see it again. Im confident in sayi g that if he had the talent on his line that the other top scorers do, he'd be leading the scoring race by a landslide.

It’s shaping up to be arguably Sid’s best season ever. He’s dominant no matter where he is on the ice.

In terms of your last sentence I don’t think anyone else in the league could do better with Sid right now than Jake. The chemistry is insane and Rust while never really a liability to Sid is actually playing really well there. Sure you could upgrade there but Sid loves playing with Rust and it’s working.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
It’s shaping up to be arguably Sid’s best season ever. He’s dominant no matter where he is on the ice.

In terms of your last sentence I don’t think anyone else in the league could do better with Sid right now than Jake. The chemistry is insane and Rust while never really a liability to Sid is actually playing really well there. Sure you could upgrade there but Sid loves playing with Rust and it’s working.

Also didnt have to give him a center(and 2nd best player on the team) to inflate his numbers yet hurt the team...

Had to be said

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Games like this remind me how awesome it has been to be a fan of this team. Just so much talent and drive on this team. There's some other really good hockey teams out there but if we can play like this we'll have a chance against anybody, and nobody will want to meet us in a playoff series.

Yeah exactly why I dont think they trade Kessel right now. At least one more playoff run to see if we can win it all again with these stars together.

Lineup is pretty much set. We messed up last year at the deadline trading for Brassard( I dont blame JR, we alll thought it was a good move) so hopefully this year we make up for that.

And whether some like Pearson or not, I think he will be solid in the playoffs. Chipping in that goal here and there. Also has the experience....4g 8a during LA's cup run as a rookie.

Murray/DeSmith(if needed) should be solid..now just upgrade Brassard. Doesnt even need to be a center IMO. Could always put Sheahan back to 3C where he was gelling with Kessel before that deadline last year. And add another top winger for this team. We have center depth...so I wouldnt focus on us needing to get a Center back..just add another dangerous scorer to the line up...to go with what we have and make up for what Brassard has been lacking(supposed to be a 20+ goal scorer).

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Inflate who? Sid, Jake or Rust?

Ha. Oilers with putting Drai with McDavid. Last year putting RNH with him so he could win that ART(was way back before the switch was made, the team took a hit but he went on a tear because of it).

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Ha. Oilers with putting Drai with McDavid. Last year putting RNH with him so he could win that ART(was way back before the switch was made, the team took a hit but he went on a tear because of it).

Ah, lol. I was like 'dude you are gonna die all alone on that hill if you are complaining Jake (a center) was with Sid and that Rust was put on 1RW just to inflate Rust's numbers and that all of that was hurting the team.'

ahahhahahaha.

Yeah f*** the Oilers. Waste of a generational talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad