Post-Game Talk: Pens 7, Ducks 4: So @ColePens Wrote, So It Came to Pass . . . Until Geno Defied The Sacred Scrolls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
upload_2019-1-11_9-58-47.jpeg

I just got back from the pens vs ducks game, and this is where I sat tonight. There were a lot of pens fans at the game chanting "Let's go pens". I would like to see Pearson play with Geno when Hornquist gets back, and move Simon down to the third line. I thought the first two lines played great tonight, and Letang didn't have his best game tonight. Petterson looked fine, but boy is he thin! Last, I'm sorry but Wilson sucks, and I'd rather see Dea play instead of Garret.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Simon is looking like a lock next to Malkin.

Smart players with skill will go along way especially where (I think) the game is heading. He’s not timid and plays aggressive. He’s strong on his feet so his size doesn’t really cause any problems.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Well, ya...but I’m just TRYING to come up with a better option than Garrett ****ing Wilson being in the lineup

Wilson isn’t dumb so being safer has more benefits than Oleksiak. He’s fine for what he is. He’s not going to be a permanent fixture in the line up.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
We watched Sid in an era where dinosaurs roamed the ice and tried to actually kill him, and then relive that every playoff run for a decade. No comparable in Edmonton really.
And McDavid is 6'1, he does his share of hits & throwing a punch at a player during a play.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
View attachment 174673
I just got back from the pens vs ducks game, and this is where I sat tonight. There were a lot of pens fans at the game chanting "Let's go pens". I would like to see Pearson play with Geno when Hornquist gets back, and move Simon down to the third line. I thought the first two lines played great tonight, and Letang didn't have his best game tonight. Petterson looked fine, but boy is he thin! Last, I'm sorry but Wilson sucks, and I'd rather see Dea play instead of Garret.

Glad you saw a great finish.

I'd rather they play Johnson (broken record here) he's the only guy as a winger I think has shown he can play up here without question. But I get the reps down in WBS, but his speed would give teams fits, and his hockey IQ is pretty evident.

Reactions: ColePens

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Sid with zero shots but his linemates with a combined 12.

Rust has to get that puck up...wide open net if he lifts it.

On Jake's first goal, Crosby skates right by Gibson distracting him. Heads up play by Guentzel to wait for that.

6 mil per year...lol.

Now trade Brassard for another pending UFA who fits. Or even for a first round pick + prospect...Idc. We are doing great without him doing anything. Wouldnt mind adding to our system. But if we can get a guy to help for this playoff run Im down for that too. Either way he has to go...no more injury excuses.

Btw would love to see Blueger and Angello on our 4th line with Cullen instead . Would be much better on both sides of the ice. But a skilled 4th line for Sully? Not anymore.

Reactions: Peat

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The third and fourth lines are just total dog meat with our injuries...Sheahan and Brass alone are bad enough but they should never, never play together and Wilson is an abomination....they have to call up someone else from WBS, but if they’re not, at least do something like Olek-Brass-Phil and Sheahan-Cullen-Grant, keep a couple pairs together and get Maatta back with Riikola...

Reactions: ColePens

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
View attachment 174673

We’re you dressed as a hotdog?

Dwr7j1WUYAAoUmx

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
What? The players held a meeting to...strip the franchise of his captaincy? Lmao. Idiots.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Simon has been damn good this year. His point tonight gives him 18 in 36 GP. Crazy how we are STILL getting production from our farm even with trading Sprong and how bad WBS has been.
I was thinking about it today, how crazy the transformation has been for the team. Today 3/4 of our top-6 wingers were home grown(Rust,Guentzel,Simon). For years we wanted wingers for Sid and Geno, and after 2015 we have just gotten a flood of them.

Reactions: Peat and Tom Hanks

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Nice win.

It was nice to see them outplay the Ducks rather then relying on great goaltending and opportunistic scoring to win.

Hopefully they got some energy left in the tank for tomorrow.

I have no idea how Carlyle still has a job, that team should not be this bad.

Reactions: Andy99

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
He has a sneaky good shot.

His passing/vision aren't too shabby either.
He's an all around good middle six'er.
Like i said tho, if he can get his legs chuggin' a little more. Keep the shifts short. He'd be even more effective cuz he has everything else.

I almost forgot, Phil must love him some Cali dogs. Avocado is a super food after all.

Yea, perhaps this warm weather for a week will be good for him.

ATM with what they have out in Cali, i'd promote Phil after a game like tonight(they won't) and they should put Grant with Brass-Phil.
Sheahan's just a 4th liner/13th F tops.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Man...Crosby deserved more than a point after that effort. Should've had at least 4-5 in that game

This seems to be the case often. No matter how dominant he plays, he doesn't seem to get rewarded for it. If Sid's "puck luck" ever kicks in, he might even have a shot at challenging for the Art Ross again.

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad