Post-Game Talk: Pens 7, Ducks 4: So @ColePens Wrote, So It Came to Pass . . . Until Geno Defied The Sacred Scrolls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
uh2nsZb.gif

Leads the team in hatricks

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Holy smokes, that was a hell of a game. That was Pens hockey baby.

Says everything that this team spotted them a 3-0 lead (no disrespect but there were some scrappy/fluke goals in there) and didn’t get down, and knew they were still in it. They know they can score, flight back and win no matter the odds. Phil and Pearson fighting like bulldogs. Oleksiak and MP moving the puck like Orr’s illegitimate children.

MM and Geno with the redemption. Jake/Sid/Rust with the demolition. 7 of the last 8 goals. Just magnificent.

Reactions: ColePens

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
++ Geno in the 3rd period, he took over the game and redeemed himself

+++ Crosby/Jake/Rust this line gave the ducks fits all game long.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That was a crazy *** game...I’m never doubting again that they can go from **** to gold back to **** and then gold in a blink of an eye again...

I give every player credit for the comeback except Brass, who managed not to make at least one small positive impact on the game...

Reactions: EightyOne

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Thats what it should look like when Geno and Kessel are going on other lines.
Still need a 3C JR.
Don't care if you keep Brassard doing so or not...

So happy Jake is locked up now. Go. Score all the goals, kid.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You know @ColePens, I'm legit not sure how 'good' Pearson was as much as he was just 'there' a la Kunitz.

I mean, he won a 1 on 2 battle in the 2nd.

He was THERE for 2 goals.

But, otherwise, he ranged from blah to counterproductive.

Honestly, it was as if the spirit of 2017 Chris Kunitz repossessed the #14 jersey tonight. For better. And for worse.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Oleksiak thinks he's the second coming of Marc Andre Bergeron.

For the 30 seconds a game he is, we're golden. It's the rest of the time that we have a problem. :laugh:

When Oleksiak gets steam in the NZ with the puck. He's pretty good.

Away from the puck...and passing from his DZ...

Yuck

Reactions: Peat and KIRK

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
we are just way too talented for a team like Ducks, when you have Sid like he is playing now, and Geno and Sid that actually hustle its hard to beat Pens...

but before I say anything I criticized Phil's PP game last few games, but tonight his ES effort 5 on 5 was beautiful, amazing all of that with zero support from Brass and almost zero from Sheahan, if Phil plays like this Pens would be hard to beat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad