Post-Game Talk: Pens 5, Habs 3 - Oh, Oh, Oh Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Just got back from the game. Man, when the Pens are engaged, they are still absolute beastly. HGH were all over the place, in a good way.

Horrible start. Apathetic, lazy, zero effort.

But overall, a win on the back end of a b2b with travel. Last night stunk, but three points in this situation, I'll take.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Seriously, where has Letang gone? He has had his poor stretches, but nothing like this. He is making braindead play after braindead play every damn game.
If we win a game 8-3 you can be sure that letang is somehow involved in all the goals against :-(

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I think that Sid knows how to play playoff level hockey. And I am fairly sure that he of all players can flip a switch.

He is one of the more cerebral players in the game and it would not shock me at all if he were smart enough to conserve himself for when the games really count.
It isn't a matter of flipping a switch as much as it is of getting rid of bad habits. We're going to need him playing a better 200 foot game if the team is going to have a shot this year. We don't have the D to make up the difference. He needs to start ironing things out now rather than in the first round, where a few bad games can send you to the golf course. It also would also be nice to have him take some pressure off of the D, goalies, and supporting cast as they fight for the playoff spot. We need to get them on a roll too, and the more they are asked to do, the more difficult that will be.

Sid is a damn good hockey player but he is not a God. He cannot just will things. I have no problem with him conserving himself all season but when there are 10 games left, it is time to quit hitting the snooze button and just go to work.

Last edited:

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
It’s the first game in a long while since I haven’t been able to watch not even a minute of the game.

But holy hell Letang looks Pejorative Slured on that recap video.

Reactions: KIRK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It’s the first game in a long while since I haven’t been able to watch not even a minute of the game.

But holy hell Letang looks ******ed on that recap video.

Is your avatar a sid geno mashup... I may have nightmares.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Seriously, where has Letang gone? He has had his poor stretches, but nothing like this. He is making braindead play after braindead play every damn game.
If we win a game 8-3 you can be sure that letang is somehow involved in all the goals against :-(

I have to go with Jesse on this one.

He actually plays the majority of the game pretty well and then commits these painfully messy plays.

Whatever, I’m not sure people will ever just accept the good with the bad when it comes to Letang, or basically any player.

Last edited:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If Geno touched that he would have reacted like he did. It looked like he looked directly at Horny. Not his goal.

I would have liked for Rust to slow down and spot Geno on the ENG but eh we did need the win too so whatever. Geno is only 2 back I don't see how the Ross is out of his reach. It will take some luck since Kucherov has two games in hand though.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Another 5 days off then back to back again, like i said its hard for these guys to get into a rythm with this type of scheduling.

Too much time off, and then back to back.

Two more easy opponents in Isles and Habs, but will likely see what we just did the last few nights.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Seeing them live for the first time this year... dat D is mentally weak. So many mental mistakes, so many bad passes, so many lost pucks in the corners.

Same thing in the NT we lose so many pucks. We severely lack composure. Way too much carelessness with the puck. It is WAY worse live.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
A little disappointing, but Rust so frequently misses and has tunnel vision . . .

Geno isn't shooting enough at ES. The way the line is flowing right now, 75% of the shots are from Horny in close. As I said in the GDT, Geno probably needs to be just a wee bit more selfish and aggressive in creating his shot, but if Horny is open near the net like that all the time, I don't see how Geno isn't going to try to get it to him.

I also think Rust-Brass-Phil is showing the potential of making us a 3 line team.

BTW, told you our PP breakout would be better if Geno just went into '**** you Jobu, I do it myself' mode. :thumbu:

He reacted like he thought he touched it.

Which is the third line? Not Sid's line with Sheary being Sheary and Sid treating the regular season like it's exhibition hockey.

Good to see the Pens get the 2 points, but they've got some work to do when they play actual hockey teams.

Reactions: KIRK

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Seeing them live for the first time this year... dat D is mentally weak. So many mental mistakes, so many bad passes, so many lost pucks in the corners.

Same thing in the NT we lose so many pucks. We severely lack composure. Way too much carelessness with the puck. It is WAY worse live.

I was all for replacing Hainsey, Cole and Lovejoy types, just with players with more talent. Not players of equal less talent who play a riskier game.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I have to go with Jesse on this one.

He actually plays the majority of the game pretty well and then commits these painfully messy plays.

Whatever, I’m not sure people will ever just accept the good with the bad when it comes to Letang, or basically any player.

The idea that he’s an idiot is really overblown, especially on the PP. Maybe I watch too much Dusty Byfuglien but there is an IQ threshhold there that Letang will never sink to. So long as he’s driving transition in a way no other dman on the team can come close to I’ll give him some leeway.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->