Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Flames 3 - Deserves Got Nothing to Do with It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm sure we could have, but just think about the roster limit thing. I think that could've been a legit problem in us trying to get a depth defenseman.

You sent out two players, sent guys down, I don't think that's it.

I don't think JR would sabotage the D, would he?

They always go to war with 8 NHL D-men. They don't even have 7 let alone 8. Seems thing were left too much to chance for my liking. Depth just isn't there, and after two long.....seasons/postseasons, how can they really see depth at defense?:badidea:

Reactions: td_ice

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017

They always go to war with 8 NHL D-men. They don't even have 7 let alone 8. Seems thing were left too much to chance for my liking. Depth just isn't there, and after two long.....seasons/postseasons, how can they really see depth at defense?:badidea:
Maybe management likes Hunwick? :eek:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Management wanted a PKer in Kuhnhackl plus a right handed center in Rowney on the team.
Then they could have sent someone down to the minors, I believe that was before ZAR got injured. There were plenty of ways to make it work. Besides someone like Rowney should not take precedent over a guy like Cole or Benn. Eventually Jooris could have taken his spot.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

Doesn't make much sense all, agreed.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Then they could have sent someone down to the minors, I believe that was before ZAR got injured. There were plenty of ways to make it work. Besides someone like Rowney should not take precedent over a guy like Cole or Benn. Eventually Jooris could have taken his spot.
Simon was sent down, but I believe Kuhnhackl was activated off of IR.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Simon was sent down, but I believe Kuhnhackl was activated off of IR.
Again, for a depth defender they could have made it work. I can't imagine there wasn't an option to do so. It was JR making a big mistake and going all in for Mcdonagh instead of making a more sensible and low level move.

It seems as though you're trying to rationalize or justify the fact they didn't do anything on this front. To me there's no justification or rationalization for this in action at all. It was a terrible mistake that did not need to happen.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Again, for a depth defender they could have made it work. I can't imagine there wasn't an option to do so. It was JR making a big mistake and going all in for Mcdonagh instead of making a more sensible and low level move.
I definitely think they could've made it work, it's just that we had a 23 man roster already and maybe management didn't want to part with Kuhnhackl/Rowney for whatever reasons.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I definitely think they could've made it work, it's just that we had a 23 man roster already and maybe management didn't want to part with Kuhnhackl/Rowney for whatever reasons.
Well, then like I stated several times. It was terrible, rotten., stupid, absurd, pathetic, inane and shortsighted decision. Something this team will unfortunately but very likely pay a heavy price for.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Adding Jooris made it seem like they were willing to make room for Mcdonagh by waiving Rowney. Guessing JR got strung along, holding out for him and didnt know until the last minute the Rangers were going with Tampa.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Adding Jooris made it seem like they were willing to make room for Mcdonagh by waiving Rowney. Guessing JR got strung along, holding out for him and didnt know until the last minute the Rangers were going with Tampa.
There's no doubt in my mind we got strung along there. And I can't believe in the final hour or so that it didn't occur to JR to have a plan B or C in place in case things went awry. That's putting way too much trust in a divisional rival. They'd obviously rather deal with TB than us. But even if you felt like you had a good chance in landing Mcdonagh, you still need to have a viable alternative if you miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad