Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Outside of game one against the Oilers where he had 3 shots on goal and an actual goal, PLD in the four games since was a -1 overall with ZERO SOG and ZERO points…in a playoff series…that should lead to ZERO interest in him at $8.5M regardless of the waste we have on this roster lol

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Outside of game one against the Oilers where he had 3 shots on goal and an actual goal, PLD in the four games since was a -1 overall with ZERO SOG and ZERO points…in a playoff series…that should lead to ZERO interest in him at $8.5M regardless of the waste we have on this roster lol
Have you ever heard the phrase "buying low"?

He had 17 points in his previous 22 playoff games.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Have you ever heard the phrase "buying low"?

He had 17 points in his previous 22 playoff games.

He’s still only a 3C at best…if the Kings want to retain a bunch on him, sure it’s worth talking about…but I happen to think we can get out Jarry’s contract and Graves, though maybe not next season and maybe he improves…but if we wanted to send out Jarry or Graves for PLD with $3.5M retained, I’d take him…it’s not happening with the length of his contract but if folks here want to discuss unrealistic trades then fine lol

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He’s still only a 3C at best…if the Kings want to retain a bunch on him, sure it’s worth talking about…but I happen to think we can get out Jarry’s contract and Graves, though maybe not next season and maybe he improves…but if we wanted to send out Jarry or Graves for PLD with $3.5M retained, I’d take him…it’s not happening with the length of his contract but if folks here want to discuss unrealistic trades then fine lol
No part of that is right.

He doesn't have the defensive skillset to be a 3C - he's a scoring line player, at LW or C.

Also consider that our current best winger - Rust - has 14 points in his last 21 playoff games playing beside a legend.

Reactions: Gurglesons

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I figured throughout the summer there would be odd rabbit hole discussions about odd trade proposals or signings. I did NOT see, of all people, PLD becoming a hot topic that dominates discussion here. Woof. Is it October yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad