Penner vs. Ladd

knifer

Sep 4, 2006
yk
I think Armstrong has the potential to score a lot of points playing alongside Crosby. But Penner really impressed me in the playoffs. Id rather have penner but i think Armstong might score more.

dogorman

Aug 11, 2005
I think Armstrong has the potential to score a lot of points playing alongside Crosby. But Penner really impressed me in the playoffs. Id rather have penner but i think Armstong might score more.

would you rate ladd above both

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I wouldn't sleep on Ladd, but since Armstong will likely play with Crosby it would be insane to pick anybody aside from him. Crosby is going to make everybody he plays with that much better.

Ladd will likely start the year with Brind'Amour and Williams. While they're no slouches, they're not Sidney Crosby.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
I wouldn't sleep on Ladd, but since Armstong will likely play with Crosby it would be insane to pick anybody aside from him. Crosby is going to make everybody he plays with that much better.

Ladd will likely start the year with Brind'Amour and Williams. While they're no slouches, they're not Sidney Crosby.

Well, Penner could win the 1st line LW spot and play alongside Selanne and McDonald. So, I wouldn't sleep on him either. Obviously, I'm a little biased on this, but I'd say Penner will finish with the best numbers this year.

Over three years? That's too tough to call right now.

hockeymetrics

Jul 19, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Strictly Stat Production

I think Penner is miles ahead of the other two from an offensive perspective. I haven't seen Ladd that much, but he's never put up big stats before and doesn't seem like a natural offensive player. I'm not sold on Armstrong staying with Crosby going forward because he NEVER shoots the puck. You gotta give Sid some guys who can shoot so he can dish it. I haven't seen Armstrong that much either and I'm sure he does certain things well or he wouldn't have been tried with Sid, but I don't think he has much offensive potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad