Penner vs. Boyle

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Dustin Penner v. Brian Boyle.

Who do you think will have the better career?

The who would you take now question is kind of redundant considering Boyle is still in college and Penner is contributing to his NHL team currently.

Haik

Feb 11, 2005
Penner is the safer bet but Boyle has a higher ceiling. Literally higher ceiling at 6'7 :)

Boston

Captain Chara
Oct 3, 2005
Right now I would defently say Penner. He has played great this season. Boyle isn't even in the NHL.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Definitely Boyle. He's two years younger than Penneand Penner's 23 points in 43 games with Maine doesn't really stack up next to Boyle's 52 in 40, especially considering he not only plays forward but defenseman on the PK.

Randall Graves*

Definitely Boyle. He's two years younger than Penneand Penner's 23 points in 43 games with Maine doesn't really stack up next to Boyle's 52 in 40, especially considering he not only plays forward but defenseman on the PK.
Penner was a really late bloomer and if he played with any offensively talented linemates at all he'd have more points, but for whatever reason he's stuck with the Thorntons and Shannons of the world.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Penner was a really late bloomer and if he played with any offensively talented linemates at all he'd have more points, but for whatever reason he's stuck with the Thorntons and Shannons of the world.

Regardless of whether he was a late bloomer or not, Boyle has two years to catch up and I think he has much more raw talent than Penner.

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site

Well, I would say that Shannon is actually pretty talented offensively, but I think I get your point.

For all we know though, Boyle could be a late bloomer too.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Now I would definitely choose Penner. He's in the NHL and is putting points on the scoreboard. Boyle is still a project right now.

Strange comparison though.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Now I would definitely choose Penner. He's in the NHL and is putting points on the scoreboard. Boyle is still a project right now.

Strange comparison though.
Agreed. Also I think most all King's fans and any fan will agree Penner at this point. Strange time to make the comparison though. At the end of the year Boyle will be signing. Would be better to compare when he has atleast played a few games at the AHL or NHL level. Boyle right now is still a huge question mark.

maineblackbear

Jan 10, 2007
boyle is a little less than two years younger than penner

but let's not forget these two players were both first year players at the sime time in college and played head to head

penner was playing club hockey at minot state when grant standbrook found him

whereas boyle was on everyone's radar and was a top pick

penner has better hands and can seperate himself from the d around the net better

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
when is Boyle predicted to leave college? and if so...how many years will he spend in the AHL before making the jump? if its even necessary that is

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
when is Boyle predicted to leave college? and if so...how many years will he spend in the AHL before making the jump? if its even necessary that is

Well, he's graduating this year, so I would presume he'll be leaving after this season. He will need only a year or two in the AHL before moving to the NHL. The Kings have him eye'd for the 3rd line and he's not that far from being a quality 3rd line NHLer right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->