Penner out of the doghouse, who goes in?

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I honestly dont see the love for nolon he plays the least mins on the kings Also can go down without being waved but everyone has there own favs on the team.

If that was the case, we'd just play with 2 scoring lines that would average 30 minutes a night each. Nolan brings what is expected from an energy line.

RonSwanson*

In reality, King doesn't bring enough energy/grit/defense to the bottom 6, and can't score enough for a top 6 role.

He doesn't score enough for a top six role? In his last 30 games or so he's outscored Richards, Gagne, Williams, and Penner. When was the last time he was even IN the top six?

RonSwanson*

Yes he has played a few good games but only cause everyone else didn't he was noticable imo. We need more offense out of the 3rd line and nolon becames the odd man out because lewis plays a better defensive game and also plays on the pk. I honestly dont see why everyone seems to love the guy and yet before this year all the hate on clifford I always said clifford was the better player and so far this year im right

Since when has playing on the PK determined whether a player is on the third or fourth line?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
If that was the case, we'd just play with 2 scoring lines that would average 30 minutes a night each. Nolan brings what is expected from an energy line.

imo the kings right now need goals not 4th line energy. Penner has already been told hes playing (according to lisa dilman and helene) So someone is comeing out. I dont see it being lewis hes to loved and plays to much pk the only other choice to me is king which im totally fine with as well but to me having penner play rw with gagne and stoll makes a hell of a 3rd line and i feel it could be a good offensive line playing against lesser players.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
He doesn't score enough for a top six role? In his last 30 games or so he's outscored Richards, Gagne, Williams, and Penner. When was the last time he was even IN the top six?

His scoring during the playoff run was most likely an aberration.

I've got nothing against the guy, and I hope he proves me wrong, I just don't see much in him. (Now that I've said this he'll probably score a hat trick next game)

RonSwanson*

His scoring during the playoff run was most likely an aberration.

I've got nothing against the guy, and I hope he proves me wrong, I just don't see much in him. (Now that I've said this he'll probably score a hat trick next game)

Maybe he needs to be in the top six. Put him in the revolving door at 2nd line LW. He can't do any worse than Penner, Clifford, and Gagne have been.

And if history is any indication, he could be a beast in that role.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Maybe he needs to be in the top six. Put him in the revolving door at 2nd line LW. He can't do any worse than Penner, Clifford, and Gagne have been.

And if history is any indication, he could be a beast in that role.
He did all his scoring on the third line in the playoffs last year, and he's been terrible so far this year. I would have no problem moving King while his value is high. The Kings have Clifford and Nolan for the left side in the bottom 6.

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
He did all his scoring on the third line in the playoffs last year, and he's been terrible so far this year. I would have no problem moving King while his value is high. The Kings have Clifford and Nolan for the left side in the bottom 6.

I like King, but I agree. There is no shortage of players like him in the system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad