Penner out of the doghouse, who goes in?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I thought Gagne looked good playing with Richards and Carter. Honestly, I'm none too pleased with the play of Justin Williams of late. He's been turning the puck over a lot, as has Kopitar. But the Kings won't be sitting any of those guys down (nor should they) so the odd man out unfortunately has to be one of Dwight King or Simon Gagne.

RonSwanson*

Skating lines today, per Jim Fox:

#LAKings practice lines/pairs 23-11-14/25-10-77/12-15-28-22/13-74-24-71///7-8/27-26/6-44/47--33 not skating in regular practice

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Richards-Carter
Gagne-Richardson-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-King-Fraser-Nolan

Scuderi-Doughty
Martinez-Voynov
Muzzin-Drewiske

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I am starting to wonder how long the Kings keep Lewis on the Third line...

Lewis can no longer be a black hole for offense, And receive that amount of minutes.

Same goes for Stoll/King. The Kings may need an entire new third line.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Lewis can no longer be a black hole for offense, And receive that amount of minutes.

Same goes for Stoll/King. The Kings may need an entire new third line.

Lewis turns it on in the playoffs. I could care less about regular season points for him.

Maybe try this

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Clifford
Nolan-Fraser-Lewis
King

Odd combo but try it out.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I would like to see a third line of Clifford-Stoll-Nolan. Clifford and Nolan are clear upgrades over Lewis/King IMO.

I still think DL should be looking into moving King while his value is somewhat inflated.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I would like to see a third line of Clifford-Stoll-Nolan. Clifford and Nolan are clear upgrades over Lewis/King IMO.

I still think DL should be looking into moving King while his value is somewhat inflated.

I would too. Probably nab a solid young dman for him.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I would too. Probably nab a solid young dman for him.

Yep.

I've said this before, but a lot of teams would love to have a young, cheap, big bodied forward, that was a starter for the SC champs and scored some big goals. His trade value could be surprisingly high.

In reality, King doesn't bring enough energy/grit/defense to the bottom 6, and can't score enough for a top 6 role.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Defensively lewis is great but the posters saying he needs to be contribting more is totally right. If it was up to me nolon would be on the 3rd line and lewis does the pk and 4th line mins. Has penner ever played right wing might be a idea to try him on the 3rd line

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Defensively lewis is great but the posters saying he needs to be contribting more is totally right. If it was up to me nolon would be on the 3rd line and lewis does the pk and 4th line mins. Has penner ever played right wing might be a idea to try him on the 3rd line

Penner has played some RW in the past.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Yeah I wouldn't take Nolan out for any of the players they've been sitting of late. He throws his weight around and his work ethic can never be questioned, unlike Penner.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The power play is so bad, I would put Nolan on it (why not ?)

The Kid knows goals are scored in front of the net.

He is a big body that can skate, with decent hands. He would draw attention away from the point.

Nolan has offensive upside, I hope the Kings don't waste it.

LA_Viking

Jun 8, 2007
NorCal

I'd like to see Stewart up for a few games in his place. The guy had a 39 point season not too long ago.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
It's not "favs." He's been consistently one of the best players this year, even in his limited minutes.

Yes he has played a few good games but only cause everyone else didn't he was noticable imo. We need more offense out of the 3rd line and nolon becames the odd man out because lewis plays a better defensive game and also plays on the pk. I honestly dont see why everyone seems to love the guy and yet before this year all the hate on clifford I always said clifford was the better player and so far this year im right

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
The lines aren't the problem. The team just needs to find new ways to score. We cannot take a step back and find ourselves re-living the last regular season all over. They just need to step it up and get pucks through traffic. Hopefully we will break through offensively soon, or else we could dig ourselves into a hole we can't get out of real fast.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
The lines aren't the problem. The team just needs to find new ways to score. We cannot take a step back and find ourselves re-living the last regular season all over. They just need to step it up and get pucks through traffic. Hopefully we will break through offensively soon, or else we could dig ourselves into a hole we can't get out of real fast.

I agree which is way i want to see penner playing rw on the 3rd line and nolon sitting. I think a newly hopefully motivated penner playing on the right side will wake up the offense Worth a try to me

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
I agree which is way i want to see penner playing rw on the 3rd line and nolon sitting. I think a newly hopefully motivated penner playing on the right side will wake up the offense Worth a try to me

NOLAN. Rhymes with colon, but spelled like Conan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad