Penguins Video Thread

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Ok, I've tried this before, but Thanksgiving break has left me bored (despite the fact that I have 10 assignments I should be doing). The "What is your favorite NHL moments" thread on the main board inspired me to do a Penguins version.

I have a ton of youtube videos and links saved on my computer, as well as games. I have the top 10 Pens games DVD collection if anyone wants me to upload those as well. If you have some requests, I'm sure someone on this board will be able to find it. I'd like to get enough videos that this get stickied. Anyway, here are some videos just for fun and some of my favorite Pens moments. I've tried putting them in some sort of chronological order.

– Pittsburgh Penguins Top 10 Players

– Mario Lemieux first NHL goal

– Frank Pietrangelo "The Save"

– 1992 SCF Game 1 Winner

– Lemieux last goal before retirement

– Petr Nedved 4OT Goal

– Lemieux Comeback From Retirement

– Mario Lemieux "Immaculate Deflection"

– Kaspar OT Winner

– Morozov OT goal

– Caron "The Save" pt 2

– Max Talbot Game 5 Tying Goal

– Game 5 OT w/ Sykora calling shot commentary

I'm sure there are many, many more. Please feel free to post the ones that I have forgotten :)

Like I said, I also have some games and DVD's that I can try to post upon request (they take awhile to upload).

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Great start you've gotten this off to.

I've always loved this moment. Ranger fans giving Mario an ovation after his 5th goal.

This is the game highlights of 1999, 1st round, Game 6 vs. the Devils. Jagr playing on a bum groin. Whole video is good, but go to 3:50 for the real show.

Last edited:

Dr Frasier Crane

Oct 16, 2008
Boston, MA
When the saw the "Prime Sports" logo on top of one of the vids all i could think about was the old Ruth's Chris Steak House commercials.

I was soo young i forgot about Prime Sports.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
One of my favorite moments is Kaspiritis scoring the OT winner against the Sabres.

Here's a funny video, not the best but I definitely lol'ed.

vcx*

Ah, memories.

I'm still pissed off that Jagr decided to go to Russia instead of re-joinig the Penguins to play out his career where he started. We could have had a line with Crosby & Jagr instead of Crosby & Satan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
In honor of the game tonight, Francois Leroux smokes Pat Lafontaine:

The only way Leroux could ever hit someone: they skate right into him. What a craptastic player he was. He was so stiff on his skates you thought he had no knees.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
The only way Leroux could ever hit someone: they skate right into him. What a craptastic player he was. He was so stiff on his skates you thought he had no knees.

The year is 1996, the Pens have players like Lemieux, Francis, Jagr, and Nedved. Whose name is on my '96 away jersey? Yeah, you guessed it.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
What were you thinking? :laugh:

Was it between that or an Ian Moran jersey?

I've always had an appreciation for the muckers and grinders, even back then. That, and I already had a Francis home jersey. Everyone and their mother had a Lemieux or Jagr jersey, so I had to be different.

I actually wore it not long ago to a Pens/Canes game. A girl in a Colby Armstrong jersey asked me who "Lah row ucks" was. I replied "only the greatest defenseman of our generation."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad