Penguins unveil new 3rds/alternates

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
7aquXNU.jpg

still true.

Detroit has a great jersey (red) and a bad one (white)

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Interesting response to the jerseys. Some absolutely love them and some hate them. No real middle ground

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
no, it isnt the same thing.

1 is a solid color, the other has mismatched sleeves. Hence, 1 is good, the other is not.

if they were "the same thing" the white jersey would have white sleeves.

Dude it's your opinion and the other poster has their opinion.

I actually love these new threads. It's a bit of a pipe dream but I'd love to see these gold uni's against other teams' coloured uniforms ie. Oilers blue or Detroit red.

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
These are GREAT third jerseys!! I really like them!

Same great crest, same great color scheme, they just reversed the primary and trim.

They borrowed an idea from the 80's, a GREAT era for jerseys, as opposed to the 90's, a horrible ara for jerseys. On that note, I'm so glad Pittsburgh did NOT bring back those lousy jerseys from the 90's! Back when they tried to fix something that wasn't broken. Namely their jersey's, specifically their crest.

Last edited:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
those look awesome

Penguins have been doing some good things with their jerseys the last few years since they started to ditch that sand-colored-gold

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Definitely a great set, but I would have preferred

WQoK38w.jpg

Never really a fan of the diagonal lettering on their jerseys. For some reason it only seems to look good for the Rangers.

Not always apparent, but I think all jerseys have that on their shoulders now.

Looks like instead of wearing shoulder pads they've all got a roll of Bounty on each shoulder for protection.

Hmm... throw some rolls of toilet paper around their knees and elbows and I may have just solved 80% of concussion issues.

I don't know who came up with the concept of having multiple types of fabric on a jersey. Either use mesh for the whole jersey or don't use it at all. It looks stupid with the shoulder yoke being mesh and the rest of the jersey a different material.

Removing the triangle from the pens logo ruins this. Why are they removing the triangle??

I agree. The penguin looks out of place without the familiar triangle in the background.

:jets

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Interesting response to the jerseys. Some absolutely love them and some hate them. No real middle ground

Same thing with every jersey. People are irrational, These are okay, hard to top their main uniform.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Haha...those are awful. Love it. Numbers on shoulders but nothing on sleeves :facepalm:

Yellow is a terrible main colour for a hockey jersey.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Not always apparent, but I think all jerseys have that on their shoulders now.

Looks like instead of wearing shoulder pads they've all got a roll of Bounty on each shoulder for protection.

Hmm... throw some rolls of toilet paper around their knees and elbows and I may have just solved 80% of concussion issues.
Shoulders look like this to me
s-l300.jpg

Reactions: Eddy Punch Clock

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Yuck. Would have been okay if there was a bottom stripe. Looking at a full picture of the jersey it looks like an ugly t-shirt.

edit: Wearing them on the ice with full equipment they will probably look sharp, but seeing a fan walking around in them I think they look terrible, if that makes any sense.

43471322_10156728311233850_3171009912671043584_n.jpg

I do agree - there should be a stripe at the bottom. But, damn, they're nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->