Rumor: Penguins trying to reacquire Fleury

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens are not closer to a SC with MAF. They need to keep getting Jarry PT and get his game going. NO way I tie up that cap on a guy who can go south with injuries or age. You simply never know when an older goalie who has played so many games just declines.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Pens are not closer to a SC with MAF. They need to keep getting Jarry PT and get his game going. NO way I tie up that cap on a guy who can go south with injuries or age. You simply never know when an older goalie who has played so many games just declines.
That's not accurate at all. They are for sure closer with a stable veteran netminder who has won. Whether his role is to play every game or mentor jarry he would be extremely helpful. He has probably been the best goalie in the NHL so far this season and his play inst going drop off that drastically in the next 40 games. Common sense would dictate that. Doesn't have to be MAF neccesarily but a veteran guy would be valuable

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
That's not accurate at all. They are for sure closer with a stable veteran netminder who has won. Whether his role is to play every game or mentor jarry he would be extremely helpful. He has probably been the best goalie in the NHL so far this season and his play inst going drop off that drastically in the next 40 games. Common sense would dictate that. Doesn't have to be MAF neccesarily but a veteran guy would be valuable

Agreed, we just need a solid veteran to help Jarry

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
not surprisingly closeminded
premise was how can MAF to PIT

you ignore cap reality, need for LV to have acceptable replacement.
If MAF retained, chance deal could get done
Geo cheaper, helps make deal possible.

You conveniently overlook what I said about PIT paying LV and NY to get deal done.
Obv, IF Glass to NY, less to NY even more to LV from PIT

cap is SO bad for LV and PIT that LV likely still needs to move someone. Glass is a possible if someone pays LV for his inclusion

Yep. Vegas is going to make it's team worse and give the Rangers Glass because reasons. :thumbu:

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
not surprisingly closeminded
premise was how can MAF to PIT

you ignore cap reality, need for LV to have acceptable replacement.
If MAF retained, chance deal could get done
Geo cheaper, helps make deal possible.

You conveniently overlook what I said about PIT paying LV and NY to get deal done.
Obv, IF Glass to NY, less to NY even more to LV from PIT

cap is SO bad for LV and PIT that LV likely still needs to move someone. Glass is a possible if someone pays LV for his inclusion

Why is it always Glass or some other star prospect going to new york?

Why can't it ever be Lafreniere + Deangelo + Brandon smith for a bunch of crap because reasons?

Reactions: theslatcher

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Why can't it ever be Lafreniere + Deangelo + Brandon smith for a bunch of crap because reasons?

Because all top picks go to the Rangers.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

It doesn't HAVE to be a star.
But all teams need a reason to make a trade.

coke for pepsi doesn't cut it

So let's stop with the disingenuousness of your position before it nudges over into full blown hypocrisy

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019

So let's stop with the disingenuousness of your position before it nudges over into full blown hypocrisy

Yet it's Cody glass not Reid Duke. The only team that ever has any reason to make one of your trades is New York. This trade is the equivalent of the rangers giving up Lafreniere to half retain Lundqvist in order to get back someone like Rittich and save a mil off the cap. Yes, it's that bad

Does New York trade Laf or KK to pull some stupid machinations over a million in cap space? Or would they rather have 20 million in buyouts? Why would any other team be this radically different

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Trade one of your top young prospects to NYR, to save 1 mil in cap space on backup goaltending, LOL.

But but but.. NYR will throw in some paltry package of 2nd and/or 3rd rd picks, or a dude like Brett Howden.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Yet it's Cody glass not Reid Duke. The only team that ever has any reason to make one of your trades is New York. This trade is the equivalent of the rangers giving up Lafreniere to half retain Lundqvist in order to get back someone like Rittich and save a mil off the cap. Yes, it's that bad

Does New York trade Laf or KK to pull some stupid machinations over a million in cap space? Or would they rather have 20 million in buyouts? Why would any other team be this radically different

Yep. Classic bernmeister proposal:

Send your elite young talent and/or top picks.
For dudes who need expansion draft protection and/or new contracts with big raises. If it seems lopsided, he’ll add some 2nd/3rd rd picks from NYR.

When you raise the concern that what your team is getting doesn’t even address your team needs. He’ll say well, you can flip those assets to some other teams “and profit” from another trade. It’s hilarious.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

You are perhaps the worst poster when it comes to the trade boards

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

Real chance for Vegas to get an actually legitimate return for Fleury, instead of paying the crazy high price to move him last off-season.

I still think a 3-way deal, where the Penguins get Fleury, someone else gets Jarry (maybe Edmonton) and Vegas gets futures/cap space makes sense, but maybe something around Fleury for Jarry without the 3rd team is simple enough to work.

If Hextall has interest in trading for a goalie he will try to trade for Quick not Fleury .

Last edited:

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
reposting what I said I think post 146:

Cap space reality is a be-atch.
PIT has low 5 figs = 150K ish
LV has like 20% of that.

Deal is dif to pull off.
Something like this could get the ball rolling...

MAF = 7m retained max = 3.5 x 2;
Georgiev = 2.425.
Geo to LV gives them just under 1.1 in cap savings while having adequate depth for cup run.

That is still 3.5 dead weight but it solves the current objective.

MAF back to Pens at 3.5

Futures to NY.
If it can be agreed what mid picks NY would add to Geo, that could include Glass and his elc to NY.

Vegas saving 1.1 [almost] + Glass elc + helps take partial cap from Pens

PIT gets MAF and pays LV and NY

somethin like dat...

--------------
I never said anything about Geno.

=========
interesting vid

I get it now, thanks for the explaining. Geo = Georgiev, I didnt realize he was part of this mix. I was thinking it was a typo and you meant 'Geno', because Malkin has been a name suggested in some trade talks lately too.

I dont think the Rangers will be in any rush to help alleviate a problem for the Pens, but I guess crazier things have happened. I'll give you credit for the creativity, though. And Vegas and the Pens have been involved in a loopy three-team transaction before.

It's a great album, eventhough I am kind of "cheating" with having a different album as the avatar (albeit another classic)

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Yep. Classic bernmeister proposal:

Send your elite young talent and/or top picks.
For dudes who need expansion draft protection and/or new contracts with big raises. If it seems lopsided, he’ll add some 2nd/3rd rd picks from NYR.

When you raise the concern that what your team is getting doesn’t even address your team needs. He’ll say well, you can flip those assets to some other teams “and profit” from another trade. It’s hilarious.

You are perhaps the worst poster when it comes to the trade boards

stop w/the bs nonsense.

we all push for the best deals for our teams.

Rangers got into a lot of trouble with failed win now deals, and should continue on current path, acquiring more assets and only splurging once matured from past compete to contend.

If vets that are a fit for others work, and Rangers want futures, they should not take less than futures.

Don't be hypocrites b'c I am telling it like it is.

If Glass fits for NY and Reid Duke does not, that's what it is.
NY did not back you guys into your current positions, incl super tight cap.

----------------
You conveniently cherry pick.
You ignore other facets of the deal.

Physicians, look in the mirror and heal thyself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad