Confirmed with Link: Penguins trade Derrick Pouliot to Canucks for Andrey Pedan, 4th rd. pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They paid nothing for Pouliot.

He looked good when the Canucks did. Now they’ve missed Horvat, Tanev, etc for extended periods and played Pouliot the second most out of D in those stretch.
Yeah, but to be fair, he's been crap even before those names started to drop off their roster. He's just now gotten worse with more of a spotlight on him since those guys have gone down and with Tanev out, they took him out because the guy needs a buffer and if Tanev is out, he has to play even higher and that's no bueno for any team.

Reactions: td_ice

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah, but to be fair, he's been crap even before those names started to drop off their roster. He's just now gotten worse with more of a spotlight on him since those guys have gone down and with Tanev out, they took him out because the guy needs a buffer and if Tanev is out, he has to play even higher and that's no bueno for any team.

I mean, Elder or Tanev have been out regularly.

Not saying he has amounted to anything though.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Poo wasn’t good here but at least he was an NHL player. That’s more than we can say about Pedan.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
The writing was on the wall when we went out and got Schultz. Schultz's career was dead in the water when we grabbed him, so for this team to go out and spend assets on that sort of player speaks volumes to what they really thought about DP's potential/progression despite all of the mediaspeak JR put out there about being extremely happy with his play/progression.

DP was given a lot of time to do, well, f***ing anything. :laugh: He sucked offensively and in transition--which were his calling cards, and the aspects of his game we absolutely should've seen him perform the best at. Couple that with the fact that he was a complete non-entity defensively, on his very best nights (and Scuderi-bad more often than not) and the kid punched his ticket out of town despite the Penguins giving him much more leash than he really seemed to deserve.

Best of luck to him in Vancouver, but he was never, ever going to be an impact NHLer here. Good riddance. Shero made as big a monumental f*** up as he'd ever make here (and there were a bunch) by drafting him over Forsberg or Trouba.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
It had been over a year since he looked like an NHL player here. He really fell apart for us after we brought in Schultz.

Yea he actually looked ok for a stretch...he at least was a bottom pairing guy that seemed like he wouldn't hurt the team. He also looked ok during the playoffs when Letang was suspended. Then the wheels just came off

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
When Schultz was first acquired the 2 were practically interchangeable. I think it was a first round series that year where Sully would alternate those two after losses, but soon after Schultz stuck. Schultz has only gotten better since, wheras Pouliot seems to have gone the opposite direction.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Pouliot's issue wasn't like Despres. He was given chances and put in positions to succeed, he just failed miserably when given opportunities. It's not like the Shero/Bylsma days where we had a GM signing Eaton out of retirement to take a roster spot or a coach refusing to allow a young d-man to develop/grow through rough patches.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Figured I might as well bump it since it's now the halfway point in the year. After being a healthy scratch for a couple of games, Pouliot got back into the lineup for the last 2 games. He continued his horrid play that he was doing before the scratches, and only played in 11:49 last game against Winnipeg. Canucks fans have quickly turned on him, now talking about how much he sucks while playing in actual minutes, rather than heavily sheltered minutes. He has 1 point in his last 16 games and is -18 over that stretch.

So basically, everyone who said Pouliot sucked was right :laugh:

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Figured I might as well bump it since it's now the halfway point in the year. After being a healthy scratch for a couple of games, Pouliot got back into the lineup for the last 2 games. He continued his horrid play that he was doing before the scratches, and only played in 11:49 last game against Winnipeg. Canucks fans have quickly turned on him, now talking about how much he sucks while playing in actual minutes, rather than heavily sheltered minutes. He has 1 point in his last 16 games and is -18 over that stretch.

So basically, everyone who said Pouliot sucked was right :laugh:
What a terrible hockey player. And weren´t you the one defending him for a long time? I mean, he is not even easy to root for. Guy doesn´t look like a nice human to me, so I am pretty satisfied with this situation, not gonna lie about that.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Poo wasn’t good here but at least he was an NHL player. That’s more than we can say about Pedan.

Since that post:

Pedan: 5 points in last five games, including a hattrick (plus we got the 4th, the same level pick we used for Oleksiak)
Pouliot: scratched by the second worst team in the West

Pedan might still get a shot at being an NHLer after all, but Pou's chance (scratched on that team?) is sailing away fast.....and it gives me no pleasure to write that, but I am glad the Pens org has moved on.

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
What a terrible hockey player. And weren´t you the one defending him for a long time? I mean, he is not even easy to root for. Guy doesn´t look like a nice human to me, so I am pretty satisfied with this situation, not gonna lie about that.

Serves a guy right for not looking like a nice person, I always say. I'm not sure why he would choose to look like that unless he had malicious intent.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Serves a guy right for not looking like a nice person, I always say. I'm not sure why he would choose to look like that unless he had malicious intent.

It's the same reason I hate Brandon Dubinsky. Even if he wasn't a complete dirtbag on the ice, Dubinsky has a face you just can't help but hate.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Could've been worse I guess.The Isles really take the cake for ineptitude in that draft.

Yeah but then they bent over Chia and picked Barzal and Bouvellier from that one freaking draft, so Snow has made up for it in some says.

The part that gets me is that Shero drafted 2 defensemen in that round, it was just moronic. Now one has stuck and is actually a legit Top 4, the other is so bad. Ruhwedel out played him on the Pens and now Biega is out playing him on the Canucks, dude just sucks.

Reactions: canadianguy77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad