Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Tanev for way too long and way too much

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Ha.

I just don’t get why it’s okay to say Tanev is going to have a Hagelin like effect, but you’re against the signing or out to lunch by saying we could have easily just signed Kuhnhackl for 6 years at 3.5.
I would never say that about any such depth player

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Tbf, there was a bunch of whining about Hagelin's contract, and he also happened to be a possession king who made our best players startlingly better, which makes things very easy to forgive.

Plus the hair.

I thought that was just @Clare2904 :D

My favourite gif combo in the GDT’s (was a big fan of Hags and @Peat mentions part of the reason why, he was just a pressure king too. No easy outs of our o zone when he’s on the ice).

tumblr_naxdytE3XD1qlxyddo1_500.gif

tenor.gif

I think she felt a little attacked one day and she had enough.
We'll miss her dearly.

Oh man is she really gone. :( I forgot to mention where is she as haven’t seen her on here in a while. Must of happened while I was offline for quite a while. She actually emailed me to see if I was ok. Such a good heart. All the best to her if she ever checks in here @DegenX

Someone has to be good cop ;)

Are you really French Canadian? You don’t have the stereotypical personality of a male French Canadian. You’re too level headed. I’ve met and lived with quite a few. All great people but they seem to have the temperamental edge like Letang does. Some I’ve lived with go way beyond what we know of Letang’s personality :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
My favourite gif combo in the GDT’s (was a big fan of Hags and @Peat mentions part of the reason why, he was just a pressure king too. No easy outs of our o zone when he’s on the ice).

tenor.gif

Oh man is she really gone. :( I forgot to mention where is she as haven’t seen her on here in a while. Must of happened while I was offline for quite a while. She actually emailed me to see if I was ok. Such a good heart. All the best to her if she ever checks in here @DegenX

Are you really French Canadian? You don’t have the stereotypical personality of a male French Canadian. You’re too level headed. I’ve met and lived with quite a few. All great people but they seem to have the temperamental edge like Letang does. Some I’ve lived with go way beyond what we know of Letang’s personality :laugh:

Before DeGen left they asked me about you during your hiatus. I told her you probably were so content once you got me to have a JJ av your time here was done.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Before DeGen left they asked me about you during your hiatus. I told her you probably were so content once you got me to have a JJ av your time here was done.

Awww :).

I really want you to change it. It’s disturbing now :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Brandon Tanev And The Myth of Needing To Be Active on July 1

Relative to the rest of the league over the last 3 seasons, their shooting, penalties taken, and percentage of team shots at even strength aren’t very different. On the defensive side of things, ZAR is a machine, making teams a negative overall Threat.

Offensively, he’s a standout too, finding himself on the positive side of the Threat Analysis, leaving Tanev in the dust.

Things were slightly different for ZAR this season in terms of what he saw with his teammates relative to the league. It should be noted that his Threat analysis, though negative, is still better than that of Tanev's

Moreover, the Penguins with ZAR on the ice still generated more from higher danger areas of the ice compared to the rest of the league while Tanev did not. Location (and the red color) is key here.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Tanev is massively improved from when he first entered the league, so taking into account his first seasons, especially his first, is not telling you who the Penguins are getting.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Ha.

I just don’t get why it’s okay to say Tanev is going to have a Hagelin like effect, but you’re against the signing or out to lunch by saying we could have easily just signed Kuhnhackl for 6 years at 3.5.

How are you even seriously comparing Tanev to Kuhnhackle:huh::help:.

I don’t know if you are trolling us all just to get off or you are serious. I hope it is the first just for your sake. These are the kind of posts that used to get me in trouble a decade ago.:thumbd: That post just got you blocked to save my sanity.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
How are you even seriously comparing Tanev to Kuhnhackle:huh::help:.

I don’t know if you are trolling us all just to get off or you are serious. I hope it is the first just for your sake. These are the kind of posts that used to get me in trouble a decade ago.:thumbd: That post just got you blocked to save my sanity.

Tanev and Kuhnhackl basically have been in the league during the same ages and have a difference of 3 career points in a span of +/- 9 games.

Kuhnhackl for the majority of his time in Pitt played largely more defensive oriented minutes than Tanev.

Obviously the career arc are different, but acting like they are light years apart is also a little disingenuous.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Tanev and Kuhnhackl basically have been in the league during the same ages and have a difference of 3 career points in a span of +/- 9 games.

Kuhnhackl for the majority of his time in Pitt played largely more defensive oriented minutes than Tanev.

Obviously the career arc are different, but acting like they are light years apart is also a little disingenuous.
Yeah but Das Kuhn is more like a Jay Pandalpho and Tanev is a Hagelin\ Talbot mix.

Tanev pushes back with tempo and speed like Kuhn never could.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Let’s give the guy a chance here. By year 4 this contract will look very reasonable as the cap and salaries go up so if we need to ship him it shouldn’t be an issue.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

tenor.gif

You should see me on the golf course when I play badly ;)

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Yes. She certainly helped from the women's angle to keep things real around here.

Same, hope all is well @DegenX. Hope family life isn't too hectic.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Fordy

May 28, 2008
just look at the playoffs. zar has never done shit to make me think he deserved to be in a playoff lineup, but tanev has. he's done quite a bit actually

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
Guentzel - Crosby - Kahun
Chucky - Malkin - Bjugstad
Tanev - TB - Horny
Simon - Mccann - Rust

I'd like to see something like this to start the season.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Tanev - TB - Horny
Simon - Mccann - Rust

not sure how bug's will fit with geno. rust/tanev might be much better fits.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Let’s give the guy a chance here. By year 4 this contract will look very reasonable as the cap and salaries go up so if we need to ship him it shouldn’t be an issue.
I believe people used the “we can ship him out” argument when we signed Johnson. You might be able to ship him out but at what cost?

I’m sick of this team signing free agents to horrible deals.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Tanev - TB - Horny
Simon - Mccann - Rust

I don’t like McCann on the fourth line. Bjugstad kind of sucks, so I’d prefer to keep him in the bottom six.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad