Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Ryan Haggerty to 2 year deal

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Cool. I came in ready to make fun of the puff piece about him but he won me over. He had a good camp and earned it. I like his style.

Anyone know why he's listed as waivers exempt? He played out a 3 year ELC and has 4 AHL seasons under his belt.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Cool. I came in ready to make fun of the puff piece about him but he won me over. He had a good camp and earned it. I like his style.

Anyone know why he's listed as waivers exempt? He played out a 3 year ELC and has 4 AHL seasons under his belt.

I think 0 NHL games played..

And he's on waivers now, assuming that means after this

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I like him better than Simon...can actual put the puck in the net....has a deceptive release and is a quick shooter...

Reactions: wizmet12

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Guess that's why Freddie Tiffels is gone (at least in part).
I don't see a connection, Penguins are still at 45 contracts, and Haggerty was already in WBS, I think Tiffels had enough of the ECHL and didn't see a future even in the AHL, so he preferred to return to Germany.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I don't see a connection, Penguins are still at 45 contracts, and Haggerty was already in WBS, I think Tiffels had enough of the ECHL and didn't see a future even in the AHL, so he preferred to return to Germany.

If I remember correctly he really hated bouncing between Wheeling and WBS. As you said probably saw more of that as we have a pretty good AHL roster.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
If I remember correctly he really hated bouncing between Wheeling and WBS. As you said probably saw more of that as we have a pretty good AHL roster.

Particularly when he was one of the first cuts.

That said, I agree with Giskard, I don't see why there should be a relationship between Haggerty's contract and Tiffels' leaving when we had 45 contracts, even if all the journos reckon it was Tiffels leaving that opened the door.

I like him better than Simon...can actual put the puck in the net....has a deceptive release and is a quick shooter...

Good grief you are obsessed.

PAJEN NORDGREN

Jul 23, 2018
Stockholm
I like this! Felt like he scored in every other game in the beginning of last season in WBS.

I was a little surprised he didn't get a NHL-contract after last season, but they probably wanted a few contract openings for camp invitees. But since no one turned out to be the new Bellerive/Miletic and Tiffels gone this signing is a no-brainer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad