Penguins sign Radim Zohorna to a one-year, two-way contract

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Kinda, since it would be a waste to sign a dude then just have him leave when the season is rebooted without ever playing, the ECHL and AHL are done until next season.

They didnt sign him for NHL duty right away. Hes gonna probably starting in the A next year. Even if it was for this year it they wouldnt have bothered if they werent intending on bringing him back for next camp.

Btw the contract is for next year, base on his interview.

Last edited:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, he's allowed to practice with the team though (since the Extraliga is done here for at least the year), if he can get his paperwork in order. He wouldn't be able to be paid or be on the team's insurance, so I don't know how they'll swing it though, but I'm sure there's a way.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I wonder whether they'll help him hone his tools or simply put on the fourth line for games against the Caps and Isles.

EDIT: The scouting report from DK Sports makes him out to be a bigger version of Eric Fehr.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
So I was scrolling through the Czech league stats and...

...Peter Mueller's still playing!

dnvja.gif

I assumed concussions finally got the best of him but this motherf***er's been playing pro hockey across Europe ever since he left the NHL. Dude had 54 points as a 19/20 year old rookie.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
So I was scrolling through the Czech league stats and...

...Peter Mueller's still playing!

dnvja.gif

I assumed concussions finally got the best of him but this motherf***er's been playing pro hockey across Europe ever since he left the NHL. Dude had 54 points as a 19/20 year old rookie.

Fun fact. Mueller was traded by Ari for one of your favorite young prospects on the 15-16 championship squad. Kevin Porter.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
While @Flying Dego slides out, I'mma slide in for this nugget.

I mean you can play me so Horny for Zohorna. It still works.

"Uhn me zohorna..Uhn Uhn me zohorna"

It's basically the same thing mates

Gigantic man, but seems to have some wheels and some skill.

Thing is not only can he beat you with speed, that bloke has insane reach too so he can poke it ahead and draw a hooking penalty as well.

Last edited:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Gigantic man, but seems to have some wheels and some skill.

It's hard to say. Keep in mind that Extraliga ice is much bigger, so there's more time to make a play.

I wouldn't put Zohorna in the "skilled" camp per se. He's not Simon, nor is he Radulov or something like that. He's got some hands and some wheels, but he's more of a straight line than perimeter player.

I actually think he kind of reminds me of a much bigger McCann.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It's hard to say. Keep in mind that Extraliga ice is much bigger, so there's more time to make a play.

I wouldn't put Zohorna in the "skilled" camp per se. He's not Simon, nor is he Radulov or something like that. He's got some hands and some wheels, but he's more of a straight line than perimeter player.

I actually think he kind of reminds me of a much bigger McCann.

I'd take a 6'6" McCann.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->