Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Oula Palve [1 year ELC]

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
I hope he can be that. I hope we don't bank on it happening before the season.

This is also what I thought when I was reading the scouting report. Getting someone like Simon who can also step in at center and can actually score goals would be a huge addition.

Anything to get rid of Simon honestly and if we can get a guy that scores goals I'll take it all day. Of course this is all wishful thinking but you never know.

Reactions: Dominance

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Blueger should be the 3C anyway, he's better than Bjugstad...I assume Bjugstad gets moved to RW after a Kessel,Rust or Hornqvist trade. Heck maybe Bjugstad gets traded.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Someone described Simon as a player who should be playing on Ottawa putting up 45 meaningless points. It's a perfect description.

I personally like Simon and would keep him. Cheap players who produce points in the bottom six is valuable. Just don't overuse him like Sullivan did. None of us minded Simon on L3 or L4 because he created offense.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Someone described Simon as a player who should be playing on Ottawa putting up 45 meaningless points. It's a perfect description.

I personally like Simon and would keep him. Cheap players who produce points in the bottom six is valuable. Just don't overuse him like Sullivan did. None of us minded Simon on L3 or L4 because he created offense.
I’m with this. He’s got some skill, he can possess the puck pretty well and he’s cheap.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I’m with this. He’s got some skill, he can possess the puck pretty well and he’s cheap.

Yah that's why i liked the Simon-Bjugstad-Hornqvist line.

Bjugstad created space and Simon created scoring chances. Hornqvist was the bull going to the net. I wouldn't mind that being our 3rd line coming into the season. Assuming we keep Hornqvist.

Simon gets an unfair rap. He's versatile and can play on any line really. Just don't have him playing more than a few games here and there in the top 6.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
is he though? That seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

I think so. Especially when Geno went down and Blueger took the 2C spot.
(i was more impressed with Blueger's play than Bjugstad's and he was just rookie)

Also does Bjugstad PK? Weird...i don't recall him PKing. Blueger is gonna have to be one of the 4Cs, since Palve and Bjugstad appear to not PK.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think so. Especially when Geno went down and Blueger took the 2C spot.
(i was more impressed with Blueger's play than Bjugstad's and he was just rookie)

Also does Bjugstad PK? Weird...i don't recall him PKing. Blueger is gonna have to be one of the 4Cs, since Palve and Bjugstad appear to not PK.
I don't agree. I really liked Bjugstad at 3C. You're right that he doesn't PK. But maybe he could? Even if not, he's good on the 2nd PP imo.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I can't see him making it, not good enough defensively for a bottom six role. But he's skilled, so coming cheap I suppose it's not a bad deal regardless as a top six backup option.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
A recent 2 goal game he had in 2018.
Like his output in a good league.
Bring him over. See what he's got.

89 - Alex Mogilny clone, right, and we can expect Mogilny type of output, at least over the summer until he plays his first exhibition game.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Worst case scenario is he's one of WB/S's top 3 centers, along with Lafferty and Blandisi.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Must...Have....All...The.....Fins!!!!! Lol free prospect... probably at best takes the Cough drop route... if he is really good he will get a look then head to WBS to work on things by seasons end

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Neutral fan, coming in peace.

You're getting a great player here. Smart and super skilled, great skater, competes hard. Can be a playmaker, but can also be the trigger man. IMO he's better suited for an offensive role somewhere in the top-9, rather than being in a grinder line of some sort. If you plan on rolling 4 offensive lines, even better.

Take good care of the Artist. We'll miss him for sure over here.

First name would be Oh-la (as in La La Land). The last name is trickier -- take the words "pulp" and "vex". Combine the bolded parts in order and you have a pretty good pronunciation.

Exciting. Feel a lot like I did about the Riikola signing in regards to this.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I get a solid endorphin rush every time we add a Finn to the organization, so I appreciate the rush as I mourn the inevitable retirement of my Määttä jersey (that I didn't wear all year because he stunk, but that's beside the point).

I know I'm probably the only one that cares about this, but I'm interested to see if the Pens would give him #89 if he sticks with the team. Vokoun broke the precedence of not having a # higher than Sid's on the team, but Vokoun was also a notable veteran. Looking around it seems that he wore 11 with HPK, though, so that's probably the boring answer.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
I like Simon and Bjugstad on tje 3rd line. Bjugstad can work on faceoffs... Its coachable and a taught skill.

That third line just needs a name to draw away from Crosby and Malkin.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I know I'm probably the only one that cares about this, but I'm interested to see if the Pens would give him #89 if he sticks with the team. Vokoun broke the precedence of not having a # higher than Sid's on the team, but Vokoun was also a notable veteran. Looking around it seems that he wore 11 with HPK, though, so that's probably the boring answer.
is that something they actively aim to maintain, or is it just the fact that there are only 11 numbers available higher than 87 and most players use smaller numbers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad