Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Harrison Ruopp to a 3 year ELC

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
guess that's why Kileen was traded. Looking forward to hearing some reports on him from the guys who watch the Baby Pens.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Excited to see if he's going to be called Rupper or Ruppy or maybe both.

On Vinyl

Oh Danny Boy
Jul 5, 2010
IAVDBTR
How do you say his last name? Is it "Ru - opp" or is it just "Rupp" or "Ropp"? Anyway, hope he turns into the bruiser our D can use.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
How does our contract situation look?

Can we even sign any more of the FA prospects like Straka or the some college prospect?

Fire Shero*

What's the deal with calling Despres Elmer? Is it because the logo for Elmer's glue also has eyes freakishly far apart?

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Possible Orpik replacement, at some point. (we can hope)

Ruopper is a thumper.

He is nasty, and ill tempered. Pen's fans will love him.

crane

Feb 18, 2009
San Diego
don't know much about any pens prospects let alone this one. looking through youtube, looks like he's not afraid to drop the gloves at all.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
maybe one day we can see a Despres - Ruopp pairing and call it Elmert and Ruopper

Well played.

How do you say his last name? Is it "Ru - opp" or is it just "Rupp" or "Ropp"? Anyway, hope he turns into the bruiser our D can use.

I don't know but I prefer Ropp, Roppster or Roppasuarus Rex. Pietrangelo changed the pronunciation of his name so Ruopp should do it too. He is therefore... Ropp.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Future Norris Trophy Winner :yo:[

Good news, it's gonna be awhile for him right?

I imagine, like Samuelsson and probably D'Agostino, and Strait & Bortuzzo before them, Ruopp will probably spend the full 3 seasons maturing and becoming a solid all-around defender in WBS. He'll be ready to take Engo's spot by that point, hopefully.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
He's definitely the meanest guy in the Pens' prospect pool.

What I like isn't necessarily how much he fights, but why he fights as much as he does. It's usually because he just leveled someone with a massive hit.

I hope he gets some games in WBS, I'm looking forward to watching him play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad