Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Frederik (sorry -- Freddie) Tiffels to 2-year ELC

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I thought he was going back for 1 more year in College, but I like it.

And never say never about Tiffels jumping anyone. Sundqvist as much as I like him, has been beyond bland in the NHL, he's been very Pouliot like in the NHL.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

And never say never about Tiffels jumping anyone. Sundqvist as much as I like him, has been beyond bland in the NHL, he's been very Pouliot like in the NHL.

I think he was specifically referring to next season. That's how I was answering the question anyway. I don't think Tiffels or Bluegers will play much in the NHL next season. Maybe get a few games in the event of injury, but that's it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think he was specifically referring to next season. That's how I was answering the question anyway. I don't think Tiffels or Bluegers will play much in the NHL next season. Maybe get a few games in the event of injury, but that's it.

Bluegers, probably not, he is probably a guy that gets a shot in 2018-19. Sundqvist was beyond underwhelming this past season and he's still young at 23yrs old.

I think Tiffels biggest asset is that first, he's fast as hell, and 2nd, he has been playing in College and he was on his Country's team and stood out in a good way. Freddie is also a LW'er, where we can use more speed and talent. Dom Simon also got some reps with the Pens and stood out in a good way. Freddie was also on the 1st line for the German's...that's huge for him.

So hey, all it takes is a good camp and Tiffels is coming off a good year.

That acceleration - http://video.sport1.de/video/naechstes-traumsolo-von-tiffels__0_g9q24b7b

A team built on speed and skill, Tiffels is going to stand out and get his turn if he plays to his strength. Bluegers and Sundqvist aren't speed demons and also aren't slow but they are not even close to being as quick as Tiffels.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Knew PIT was trying to get him to sign so figured it could go either way.
Happy he did after Byron denied PIT + watching him in the Worlds.
Like the toolset he has.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013

If those two take the steps we've been hoping for it will go a long way to a threepeat :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad