Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Frederik (sorry -- Freddie) Tiffels to 2-year ELC

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005

Several people in the prospects thread this spring were hoping/predicting this to happen, especially after having some success in international play. Should be better off developing in Wilkes-Barre this season.

Oh, also he's apparently "Freddie" now officially.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
who.gif

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Kids got wheels. Easy hoping he would turn into a poor man's Hagelin before we went and traded for Hagelin. Decent ELC. Hope he can hit his ceiling

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Excellent, I was getting worried he'd wait until free agency.

Had a little coming out party in the Worlds this year when he made the roster out of nowhere after a series of impressive exhibition games.

Biggest asset is obviously his foot speed.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
With all the Germans coming, pretty soon we will need one of these driving around PPG Paint's arena.

there-should-be-this-beer-truck-that-drives-around-the-14268342.png

I don't know him but from the description he fits what the Pens have been building here.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
With all the Germans coming, pretty soon we will need one of these driving around PPG Paint's arena.

there-should-be-this-beer-truck-that-drives-around-the-14268342.png

I don't know him but from the description he fits what the Pens have been building here.

My neighborhood would like to trade conditional 2017 2nd +

schwans_truck.jpg

...for the beer trailer.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Yayyyyy!!!!!!!!

Jacob and I had some heated discussions about this. Very, very happy the Penguins got this done. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a few games this season as one of the first call ups in case of injury, and think he has the chance to be a full time NHLer perhaps as soon as the 18-19 season.

Really look forward to seeing this guy play as a C for us in WBS. Sunny and Blueger are good but not great prospects, so I feel even more confident now that we have added depth at the center ice position.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Don't see him jumping over Blugers or Sundqvist next season.

Absolutely not. Sunny will be in the NHL as 4th line C or RW. Bluegers will be a top 2-line C in WBS, and Tiffels could be a 2nd/3rd line C in WBS.

My point was that Tiffels makes me feel more confident about our C position since I'm hoping one of these three guys can eventually establish themselves as a legit 3rd C. Or if not, at least one or more can be solid bottom 6 contributors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad