Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Emil Larmi to a two-year, entry-level contract

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Larmi has nice sense of humour.

"It has been a great honor to allow last goal Kaapo Kakko has scored in Finnish league and last he's ever going to have"

The silhouette has notable buildings of Hämeenlinna, the town he was last playing in. That includes the bollard of Sunny Car Center - a shady project on the planned car sales centre which never happened.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Larmi has nice sense of humour.

"It has been a great honor to allow last goal Kaapo Kakko has scored in Finnish league and last he's ever going to have"

The silhouette has notable buildings of Hämeenlinna, the town he was last playing in. That includes the bollard of Sunny Car Center - a shady project on the planned car sales centre which never happened.

Lol shades of Bryzgalov type humor, i love it

Anterooo

Mar 19, 2019
I have seen Larmi play couple of years in my favorite team. To describe his style I would say he is like a magician in drugs. It's quite a ride to see him play and it is a lot to say, when thinking how goaltenders become like robots. He is like wildchild on net and have very aggressive style. In Liiga he have let more softies than anybody else, but same time he have made more game savers than anybody else. Many times he make me cry when he goes behind the net and play poorly puck and opponent score because of that. It happens often. But same time to see his game saving skills. He is aggressive and challenge the shooter. He is amazing in brakeaways and shootouts. In playoffs he didn't let even one brake away and shootout goal. Did I mentioned that he played those play-offs with one knee?

If I have to compare him to some other goalie I would say Tim Thomas. Both small and aggressive guys. Of course I don't say that he would be in his level, but Larmi is maybe one of the hardest worker goalie we have seen.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I have seen Larmi play couple of years in my favorite team. To describe his style I would say he is like a magician in drugs. It's quite a ride to see him play and it is a lot to say, when thinking how goaltenders become like robots. He is like wildchild on net and have very aggressive style. In Liiga he have let more softies than anybody else, but same time he have made more game savers than anybody else. Many times he make me cry when he goes behind the net and play poorly puck and opponent score because of that. It happens often. But same time to see his game saving skills. He is aggressive and challenge the shooter. He is amazing in brakeaways and shootouts. In playoffs he didn't let even one brake away and shootout goal. Did I mentioned that he played those play-offs with one knee?

If I have to compare him to some other goalie I would say Tim Thomas. Both small and aggressive guys. Of course I don't say that he would be in his level, but Larmi is maybe one of the hardest worker goalie we have seen.
well. i guess my heart mihght have recovered after the MAF years, so i declare myself ready for another spin!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Our goalie depth looks good I think... even assuming Jarry gets dealt on the 2nd day of the draft to Vegas or SJ.. just sign a vet for the AHL (or to sit on the bench if you need to call someone up) like Stolarz or Wedgewood and we’re in business. I figure Larmi will platoon with the vet we sign and d’Orio, by far the younger prospect, starts in Wheeling to get minutes.

Reactions: Peat

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Hate to give up on Jarry. He's performed well in the NHL when he has been up here.

I think he's a sure thing to be at worst a good backup.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

so we just got the MAF of finland

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Hate to give up on Jarry. He's performed well in the NHL when he has been up here.

I think he's a sure thing to be at worst a good backup.

Not particularly arguing, but either he or DeSmith pretty much has to go, and I think DeSmith won that one.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
220px-Marsupilami_24_Operation_Attila.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He's gone beast mode in the last 2 playoffs for Liiga. I think the guy has more to his game than people want to say, but I understand being cautiously optimistic with how this team handles Euro FA's and what not.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah. I'd trade DeSmith for a 3rd and jeep Jarry as the backup.
Um, why?

Because of his potential you think he may live up to behind Murray? Jarry likely has a #1 caliber career in him, but he still has to work on his endurance with being a #1 and again, the WBS is going to not give him the chance to play the #1's work load like he should. I would rather just move him. DeSmith has been a quality back up for this team for 2yrs now, he's good in that role.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Um, why?

Because of his potential you think he may live up to behind Murray? Jarry likely has a #1 caliber career in him, but he still has to work on his endurance with being a #1 and again, the WBS is going to not give him the chance to play the #1's work load like he should. I would rather just move him. DeSmith has been a quality back up for this team for 2yrs now, he's good in that role.
That's exactly it. I just think Jarry will be the better goalie one year from now. Jarry could still become a starter, DeSmith on the other hand has probably already hit his ceiling.

But I get where you're coming from. DeSmith is the safest pick and a decent backup.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

so we just got the MAF of finland

Sums him up pretty nicely. Still only 22 tho with room to improve.

Bonus that he was a Pens fan growing up.
He'll see alot of pro shots in Wilkes.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Wonder why hockeydb and eliteprospects have differing stats for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad