Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign David Warsofsky (1 year, $575k, 2-way)

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Between Warsofsky, Percy, Oleksy, Erixon and Bengtsson they should be able to find a reasonable No. 7 from that group.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
I friggin love my boy WORF! So glad GMJR corrected that mistake.

Deff. didn't expect Shero to grab him off waiver wire.

Wish Worf could've won the cup with us. Sigh.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Between Warsofsky, Percy, Oleksy, Erixon and Bengtsson they should be able to find a reasonable No. 7 from that group.

Or just constantly rotate them based on needs or who's playing best at that point in time.

Based on that group, I'd say Warsofsky has the inside track to start the year based on how he acquitted himself last season.

stratosphere

Mar 19, 2010
This kid isn't big but he's mobile, has quick feet and, if folks remember, was a decent fill in for the PP QB job. He's a bargain and JR knows it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Penguins defensive depth after Pouliot looks pretty good again. With also signing Gaunce, there is now McNeill, Gaunce, Prow, Bengtsson, Warsofsky, Olesky, Erixon and Percy beneath Pouliot.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Since he has a long offseason, I hope that he can hit the weights a little harder and put on 5-10 lbs. He desperately needs to fill out his frame to compensate for his smaller stature. Other than that I thought he played decently last season.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
The Penguins defensive depth after Pouliot looks pretty good again. With also signing Gaunce, there is now McNeill, Gaunce, Prow, Bengtsson, Warsofsky, Olesky, Erixon and Percy beneath Pouliot.

I just hope he doesn't block players with actual potential, like DP, Prow, and Bengstonium. That's really my only issues with these kind of signings since we've seen so damn much of that.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
I just hope he doesn't block players with actual potential, like DP, Prow, and Bengstonium. That's really my only issues with these kind of signings since we've seen so damn much of that.

He's a 7th defensemen on a two way deal. If he replaces Pouliot again, Pouliot is the problem. Warsofsky may be too small to be an NHL regular, but he has some speed and is able to distribute the puck well, especially on the second power play.

I think your expectations and ability to evaluate talent is not really founded in reality.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
Like the signing. Good, heady defenseman.

His speed and puck moving abilities mesh well Sullivan's game.

He was doing really well, but then he was forced into the lineup for their Pacific coast road trip and, not surprisingly, the Sharks, Ducks and Kings' ogre forwards squashed him like a grape.

He's a very serviceable #7D imo. Daley Lite. (ok maybe Xtra Lite)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Like the signing. Good, heady defenseman.

His speed and puck moving abilities mesh well Sullivan's game.

He was doing really well, but then he was forced into the lineup for their Pacific coast road trip and, not surprisingly, the Sharks, Ducks and Kings' ogre forwards squashed him like a grape.

He's a very serviceable #7D imo. Daley Lite. (ok maybe Xtra Lite)

I agree. He's not the prototypical #7 but he's good in that role. His mobility is insane. We might have 3 of the top 10 most mobile blueliners in the league with him, Daley & Letang.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad