Confirmed with Link: Penguins Sign Cody Ceci, 1 Year $1.25M AAV

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Next off season, Caps sign Cody Ceci to a 5 year 3.5 million dollar contract, full no movement.

Also, Sid has to give him a car, Geno has to give him a watch and shared custody of his kid, and Mario must open up the west wing of his house to him.

Nothing to is too much for Ceci...si`...si`

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
He's been a positive surprise so far. One thing I like about him is his ability to get shots to and on the net.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Better than Gudbranson (who I liked) , better than Hunwick, and better than JMFJ. The guy keeps on bringing it. Keep his minutes right where they are and I think he might continue to be a good player for us.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Still early to judge this signing but so far so good. If he stays playing solid he's worth another 1 year deal...he's kidding himself if he thinks he can get anything longer.

Reactions: Gurglesons

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I zoned in on him last game just to pay closer attention to his game. I like how he seals people off with his body. He’s winning puck battles and actually has decent enough speed to recover. He broke up a lot of plays and covered for his partner well. He provides a litttle bit of offensive awareness, which is nice, because JJ had absolutely none.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't remember who used the comparison, but the person who compared Ceci to Lovejoy was absolutely spot on IMO.

I'd love to keep him if the price was right.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I zoned in on him last game just to pay closer attention to his game. I like how he seals people off with his body. He’s winning puck battles and actually has decent enough speed to recover. He broke up a lot of plays and covered for his partner well. He provides a litttle bit of offensive awareness, which is nice, because JJ had absolutely none.

Ceci is turning out to be exactly what JR hoped JJ would become, and at a much more affordable price.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
He’s more Ian Cole in my opinion. Lovejoy had no offensive abilities.

That's a good comparison. I would keep him for the right price. If Ceci is paid like a 3rd pairing defensman then I am all for it. Considering Ceci just turned 27 it would be nice to have all the defensman besides Letang as 28 or younger next year. I am assuming Dumoulin is the one gone.

POJ-Letang
Matheson-Marino
Pettersson-Ceci

Ceci is being the kind of player he is supposed to be for us. Limit his minutes, put him in positions to succeed, and I wouldn't mind an extension for him on the bottom pairing.

I agree in that scenario.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
After all the doom and gloom the Leafs' fans were predicting, coupled with memories of JJ, I wasn't expecting much. Pleasantly surprised, and definitely had earned his spot.

A resigning?
As most of you have said, for the right price.

It's odd how we went from having a pretty horrible mediocre D with something we could our heads up high this year. This is probably one of the first times injuries played in our favor.

I mean without our injuries...
- POJ would not have gotten a chance. That guy is incredible. He's so quick and mobile for a big lanky guy. Wins foot races all the time.
- Ceci would have likely never gotten solid minutes (remember his 1st game giveway?) to make a place for himself. I'm impressed with his overall D awareness, seems to be adequate, but he has smart O skills. It's been a while since our D have been a threat in the O zone (well a while meaning, the JJ years).

All we need now is more of the Letang we saw yesterday.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Don't know what this means. Don't want to know. Nonetheless I laughed....

1834713.jpg

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
"Perhaps I did not always love him so well as I do now. But in such cases as these, a good memory is unpardonable. This is the last time I shall ever remember it myself.”

Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Talk about a shocking surprise.

He's been terrific for us in his role. I love that he has some offensive instincts. He can actually shoot.

He completely won me over when he laid out Wilson on a hit. He's everything you could want for a great 3rd pairing.

I never thought I'd say that...

Dewey Eye

Apr 28, 2014
Talk about a shocking surprise.

He's been terrific for us in his role. I love that he has some offensive instincts. He can actually shoot.

He completely won me over when he laid out Wilson on a hit. He's everything you could want for a great 3rd pairing.

I never thought I'd say that...

based on the board's reaction to the acquisition initially, it's almost as if most people on message boards have no idea what they are talking about versus who make a living evaluating professional players :sarcasm:

Reactions: Hungamania

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
His career was a weird two extremes of being horrible defensively in Ottawa and then really awkward offensively but decent defensively in Toronto. He just needed to be “a guy” and not be deployed like a top draft pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->