Confirmed with Link: Penguins Sign Addison and Bellerive to ATOs

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Would be huge for these guys to impress and make a real run at camp next year.

It would. But Addison's likely a few years out - Sully won't abide forward prospects who need defensive polish, let alone blueline prospects. I imagine he'll be back in junior next year and then spend at least a year in the AHL before he gets a cup of coffee in the bigs.

I expected Bellerive to tear up the Dub this season but it seems his injuries were too much to overcome, which is totally understandable considering. Timeline's fuzzy for him now - he's got a bit of a hill to climb.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Yes! Go get em boys!

I think we have a Simon and Pouliot in these guys. Hopefully they come through.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It would. But Addison's likely a few years out - Sully won't abide forward prospects who need defensive polish, let alone blueline prospects. I imagine he'll be back in junior next year and then spend at least a year in the AHL before he gets a cup of coffee in the bigs.

I expected Bellerive to tear up the Dub this season but it seems his injuries were too much to overcome, which is totally understandable considering. Timeline's fuzzy for him now - he's got a bit of a hill to climb.

I agree. Just would be cool.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Would be huge for these guys to impress and make a real run at camp next year.

I doubt management has one of these guys penciled in to start the season next year, yes you never know but looking at how management brings in players from years past I think it's pretty safe to think they will be in WBS and it's probably what will be best for them.
One way or another it's nice to have some promising kids coming in the system

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Almost nothing would surprise me about his progress from here because there's so many possible explanations for his last two seasons. Maybe we discover his first season as a prospect was an outlier and/or he never really recovers from those burns and he's just an okay AHLer; maybe a second season off really makes his life easier physically and/or his numbers reflected some imperfect fits on the team and an increased focus on Cozens more than his talent, and he blows things up and makes the NHL very quick.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Almost nothing would surprise me about his progress from here because there's so many possible explanations for his last two seasons. Maybe we discover his first season as a prospect was an outlier and/or he never really recovers from those burns and he's just an okay AHLer; maybe a second season off really makes his life easier physically and/or his numbers reflected some imperfect fits on the team and an increased focus on Cozens more than his talent, and he blows things up and makes the NHL very quick.

It’s only a win-win with this kid...we spent no draft capital on him, we signed him at 18, he’s not going to college...if he can’t make it to the nhl, oh well...but the Pens can be patient with him...I like him a lot and hope he overcomes his injuries..physical and/or otherwise

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

It wasn’t like he was bad this season.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It’s only a win-win with this kid...we spent no draft capital on him, we signed him at 18, he’s not going to college...if he can’t make it to the nhl, oh well...but the Pens can be patient with him...I like him a lot and hope he overcomes his injuries..physical and/or otherwise

You're not wrong, but at the same time, I'll be a bit gutted if he doesn't make it after how exciting his first season was to follow.

No, it wasn't, but whether it was good enough to bode well for an NHL career is a different matter.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

True. It was a dip from the previous year though, and prospects are expected to take a big leap in their last year of junior eligibility. Pre-injury, a lot of people were expecting him to challenge for the WHL scoring lead this year.

Obviously huge extenuating circumstances because Bellerive has blown past doctors' predictions for his recovery time which says a lot about his commitment and drive, but you do have to wonder if some physical limitations because of the injury might persist.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
True. It was a dip from the previous year though, and prospects are expected to take a big leap in their last year of junior eligibility. Pre-injury, a lot of people were expecting him to challenge for the WHL scoring lead this year.

Obviously huge extenuating circumstances because Bellerive has blown past doctors' predictions for his recovery time which says a lot about his commitment and drive, but you do have to wonder if some physical limitations because of the injury might persist.

I think they said that there wouldn’t be an lingering issues.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I think they said that there wouldn’t be an lingering issues.

It's important who says that though, and whether that's actually been the case. Functional movement of a regular person and the precision mechanics of a pro hockey prospect might be different, and injuries don't always progress so smoothly. Burnt skin could affect your grip or your comfort level with some movement even if for most intents and purposes everything's fine.

If Bellerive says that everything's 100% now, I'll believe it.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Bellerive said in an interview at the start of November that he was still experiencing some pain; as such, I believe that the injuries must have affected his performance last season. The news reports made it sound like he'd recover completely in terms of being a hockey player but were slightly vague - vague enough that the questions will persist until he's proven otherwise.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Yes, he’ll be 20 next month

Thanks hopefully there is space for him, Almeida and Drozg. Assume they'll bring back Blandisi (still counts as a development player), Cramarossa (counts as a vet) and maybe one more forward who is under the 320 Pro game limit.

Miletic - Lafferty - Haggerty
Johnson - XXX - Angello
Lucchini - Olund - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX

Edit: Doesn't it seem like we're going to sign Bjorkvist too? Should have the spots as long as we don't go overboard with the free agents.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Thanks hopefully there is space for him, Almeida and Drozg. Assume they'll bring back Blandisi (still counts as a development player), Cramarossa (counts as a vet) and maybe one more forward who is under the 320 Pro game limit.

Miletic - Lafferty - Haggerty
Johnson - XXX - Angello
Lucchini - Olund - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX

Edit: Doesn't it seem like we're going to sign Bjorkvist too? Should have the spots as long as we don't go overboard with the free agents.

Latest reports make it sound like we'll be sign him this summer, yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad