Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Adam Johnson to 2 year ELC

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Can someone tell me who else Scott Bell was a big hand in Pens signing or drafting? if just Guentzel then that could have been a fluke.

I don't think he's ever been publicly identified with any of them but you're basically looking at USHL and midwestern College picks, as far as I can tell from a quick search. So we're talking Angello, Taylor, Tiffels, Paylychev, Jones, Masonius, and this year Phillips as picks where he's potentially had a hand. I stress the word potentially. And some of those other guys probably had a voice too.

In any case, most of them are far too early to tell, although the first four seem on track.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I guess this makes up for the loss of Byron, hope he busts and Johnson becomes a solid NHL player.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Looked good in the prospects game. Good skater and instincts but his shot is downright lethal. Happy things worked out for him.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
great skater, fast. He definitely gives his full effort and doesn't just float out there. he just needs to work on his hands a little bit, but has good 1v1 dangle potential. I'm sad to see him go, but best of luck to him.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It'd depend on what position they want him to settle in at, but right now I have him pretty far down the depth chart. Just a lotta guys in WB/S that are established AHL players and many with NHL experience, unlike Johnson.

He'll probably start on a lower line and move up with injuries and callups.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
WBS should be pretty good.

They have alot of matured ncaa youth now but it's encouraging what Donatelli was able to do with those types last year. Specifically Jake and Bleuger and to a lesser extent Prow. All 3 progressed nicely last season and Donatelli had a big part in it. DiPauli could never really get into a groove cuz of injuries.

Now, for new NCAA'ers, he has ZAR, Johnson, Tiffels, Josephs, Zink added to the mix.

They'll again be a very quick team up front but they're a little slower/bigger/meaner on the back end. If Bengtsson can make his way back they'd have a pretty nice mix on D though.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
They have alot of matured ncaa youth now but it's encouraging what Donatelli was able to do with those types last year. Specifically Jake and Bleuger and to a lesser extent Prow. All 3 progressed nicely last season and Donatelli had a big part in it. DiPauli could never really get into a groove cuz of injuries.

Now, for new NCAA'ers, he has ZAR, Johnson, Tiffels, Josephs, Zink added to the mix.

They'll again be a very quick team up front but they're a little slower/bigger/meaner on the back end. If Bengtsson can make his way back they'd have a pretty nice mix on D though.

I don't envision Sprong down there long, but he even has his superstar AHL'er in Sprong.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
That sounds like a challenge to this board.

**** this guy! If he was a real prospect, he'da played for the Gophers! If he could actually play a position, they'da found the one he could play and left him there! He's not fast enough/not skilled enough/not gritty enough/too gritty! He's not good enough to be the 3C so what's the point of signing him?!

Just kidding. If Mario and Scott Bell both like him, he's worth trying for free.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
they always are. we just take their best players by the time their playoffs come around :laugh:

Haha.

I was thinking the same thing.

These kind of guys are what can make losing certain roster players bearable and keep the speed domination moving forward.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I know he can play multiple F positions, but does anyone know what position he actually played in college last year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad