Penguins record with Maatta in lineup this season?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
54c7a7e3c8f64ddb91470d5adf4439dc

*insert MSPaint of SouthGeorge’s face*

Doesn't this also include Sid's rookie year, when the Pens were awful? I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Reactions: Vegeta

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Regular Season

30-22-10 with Maatta

14-4-2 without Maatta

Yikes

Yeah im not a fan of these type of stats. Im about as anti-Maatta as it gets for this team and I don't like this stat. It's just cherry picking.

Want a combative stat? We've won 2 Cups with Maatta. Boom. Done.

Reactions: KIRK
Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
That's all time without Letang? Or just this year and last SC run?

That's this season, with Letang. I thought that's what you had asked for. I missed the "all time" spot, but I don't know how to get all that info without downloading each individual season. Maybe tomorrow I'll look at it if I feel like it ha.

My math might be off, but do those numbers add up to the games this season?

It's just the games that Letang played (65)

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
That's this season, with Letang. I thought that's what you had asked for. I missed the "all time" spot, but I don't know how to get all that info without downloading each individual season. Maybe tomorrow I'll look at it if I feel like it ha.

It's just the games that Letang played (65)

We wanted without. So 10-5-2 without him. About right on par with or without him.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Couple of things there.
Olli's play is declining mainly because the league is getting faster while theres no real uptick in his strength/energy.

He had a notch better support with the likes of Daley, Lovejoy, Cole but he was a notch better himself and the league was at a pace he could keep up with.

The declining part comes in where Olli-Schultz would be a good pair in '16 and '17 but Olli can't anchor an offensive guy on defense anymore.
Olli's the same as JJ, an overpaid 3rd pairing D-Man.

In the end, it's terrible luck with Olli's obvious energy issues probably due to the cancer surgery and was a bad gamble on him vs pushing a guy like Cole out and letting Daley walk.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
OG - I've been saying for a long time that Olli is a top 4 guy in the west and the Pens are the worst team for him ever. HE just needs out of here. ASAP. So i'm with you on your assessment.

The record with/without is not a fair assessment of his play.
Yeah but we're 0-421-2 with him in the line-up.

HE f***ING SUCKS MAN.

Reactions: Pens17

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Kunitz has amazing Corsi and has been around for a long time! He's great in interviews and brings physicality. Just because of ONE bad game you're all ready to trade him??? Tell me, without him - who's supposed to play with Sid? Not every forward can be a 30 goal scorer...

No clue what you guys are on about...especially this stuff about 'eye test' and ruining passes by Sid?? How about real facts, okay?

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Kunitz has amazing Corsi and has been around for a long time! He's great in interviews and brings physicality. Just because of ONE bad game you're all ready to trade him??? Tell me, without him - who's supposed to play with Sid? Not every forward can be a 30 goal scorer...

No clue what you guys are on about...especially this stuff about 'eye test' and ruining passes by Sid?? How about real facts, okay?
Well... "Kunitz was there", i'll give you that.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I agree with Cole... maatta’s strengths line up with a meticulous structured system and not one with the ad libbing and freewheeling style we tend to play... to the right team in the west he is easily going to be a good second pair guy... he just gets in the worse situations here... its like guds... ... hideous in Vancouver but serviceable here thus far....

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Yeah im not a fan of these type of stats. Im about as anti-Maatta as it gets for this team and I don't like this stat. It's just cherry picking.

You won two cups despite Maata. The guy is awful and Rutherford gave him 4 years at 4 million.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Has anyone seen JJ these last two games? Come on...Maatta should be back in the lineup for Game 4...no matter how slow he is, he can at least move the puck quicker than JJ, who actively hurts O zone possession...

Reactions: Turin and Casanova

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
That good?

Honestly, the REAL numbers are damning enough.

We're just below a .500 club with him playing and we're a .700 club with him on the shelf.

Now do Letang....

I don't believe in these "in a vacuum" things. Ultimately we took out Maatta after game 1 of the Isles series and were more badly outplayed in the next three. It didn't... Maatta.

Oh... just saw Pixies with Crosby.... yeah, trade that guy. Don't need him :D!

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
Regular Season

30-22-10 with Maatta

14-4-2 without Maatta

Yikes

One day the Penguins will trade Maatta for Tanev.

I'll be happy when they finally do. The guy just doesn't fit. I don't even care if Tanev is a RHD on the right side, make room for him.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Maatta can still think the game 5x faster than Johnson, so I find it hard to muster up angst about him. It was good times when he was the lone whipping boy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad