Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign Oleksiak [3 years, $2.14m AAV]

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Big Rig is a guy that is all tools no tool box. If Gonchar and JM can knock some hockey sense into his game this could be a really nice deal. Worst case he's better than Hunwick and crushes the occasional face.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I like it. I think he will have a 30 point season soon. He has a pretty good shot and can carry the puck up the ice pretty well for such a big guy. I do hope he plays a little nastier more consistently though.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
Glad to see it. He's our only d, really our only regular player with size.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This is a ridiculously bad contract...3 years, why? We don’t know if he’ll be all that good...should have just signed him for a year or two at $1.6 mil....let alone over $2 mil....we probably officially have the most expensive D in the NHL at this point....

Does JR have to get the worst of these contracts all the time? Can he ever get a team-friendly contract? Apparently not

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This is a ridiculously bad contract...3 years, why? We don’t know if he’ll be all that good...should have just signed him for a year or two at $1.6 mil....let alone over $2 mil....we probably officially have the most expensive D in the NHL at this point....

Does JR have to get the worst of these contracts all the time? Can he ever get a team-friendly contract? Apparently not
SufElOo.gif

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Sir, take your foot of the exaggerator.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I mean, the term and cost make this contract easy as hell to bury.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Seriously though what’s with the three year commitment? Dude hasn’t even played full two years in the league :dunno:

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad