Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign Derrick Pouliot (1 yr/$800k) and Josh Archibald (2 yrs/$675k per)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
DP is in his final show me contract. Nice to see Archie locked in for 2yrs at a dirt cheap contract, that kid is solid bottom 6 material.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Interesting that Archie got the Rust/Wilson/Kuhnhackl deal. Pens plan on keeping him with the big club. Poo too.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Oh good, another year watching Pouliot try to play hockey. I thought last year was supposed to be the show me year?

I hope the pens tried to gauge nhl teams' interest for DP because he will have no value whatsoever after this season if he continues to play like he has the last 3 years.

Thanks for wastinf the 8th overall pick on DP, Shero.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Really like Archi and his speed. Hope he sees more games. Better fit than Reaves....but whatever.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like Archy's at least the 13th forward, which I like.

I don't like Pouliot as a #7 or #8 d-man, though. He's not cut for that role and we have no room for him amongst our 6 regular d-men any time soon. Rather trade him for a pick.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I like Archibald alot. Not just because of how he plays, but also because I feel that we have a spiritual connection since he uses the same jersey number I had when I played hockey.

And yes, I felt the same about Aaron Asham.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pouliot is in a weird spot. You don't see guys with his talent level and hockey IQ fail like Pouliot has too often IMO. I don't think he has a conditioning problem either, he was apparently in really good shape last year. It's pretty unusual.

I don't know what Pouliot's ceiling is here, but I definitely can't see him reaching it here.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Oh, hey, something happened ...

Looks like Pooh took a small pay cut and Archi got a small raise, according to CapFriendly, anyway. Interesting. I guess it being a one-way deal meant Pooh taking a bit less. I'm wondering where he fits, TBH. I mean, they can still send him down but it will cost them a good bit more than it did in previous seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->