Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign Conor Sheary (3 years, $3M AAV)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I was seriously hoping for 3 years @ 10M total. We got 1m saved. Wow I think this is a terrific deal. Short term, too, so he can go get paiiiiid when it's done.

Really great stuff.

Matsun

Aug 15, 2010
FINALLY a deal where I feel that we are saving some cash, felt like both Dumo and Schultz got what they deserved or slightly above but here we got a player on a good contract for us.

Fraction Jackson

Mar 1, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
After not really getting a discount with Dumo, it's good to see us save a few bucks with Sheary. Despite the flaws in his game he's still a good young player who put up over 50 points in his first full season, and can probably round out his game in time. Definitely worth $3m.

Now that JR knows exactly how much money he has to play with I bet he starts fishing for centers now. I expect that was a big part of the holdup.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Superb deal. $3.28m for a C

Meh gotta think of the 2 variables. 1) Leave enough room if Cully feels that fire. 2) Remember a player most likely will not be on the team if we bring in a 3C. So they should open up more space, too.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
3 mil for 3C. Duchene at 50% retention coming. (I don't have the sarcastic face)

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
FINALLY a deal where I feel that we are saving some cash, felt like both Dumo and Schultz got what they deserved or slightly above but here we got a player on a good contract for us.

They sit at 3.280 to sign/trade for a #3C and still have their in season slop space for injuries.

It's been a great off-season so far.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Good deal, he certainly had a case to get more but I'm glad he took less money for a couple extra years. At this salary, he can be a ~40 point 3rd liner without any sort of issue. Sheary's grossly underpaid if he repeats what he did last year with Sid and I'd honestly say he's still underpaid if he can just be a decent 3rd line offensive winger.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
Meh gotta think of the 2 variables. 1) Leave enough room if Cully feels that fire. 2) Remember a player most likely will not be on the team if we bring in a 3C. So they should open up more space, too.

Well Cole, we were hoping for 11 million to resign the 3 and ended up at 12.6. With that number, I didn't expect the term we got, so I am good with it.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Good term. It helps since we probably overpaid the other guys a little.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad