Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign Chad Ruhwedel (2 years, $650k per)

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Wow. Awesome price.

Edit: I think he deserves a long look at the permanent #6 spot. He was solid this past year.

Last edited:

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Wow, seriously? I assumed he would get some kind of raise because he came in and did the job whenever he was called upon.

Great guy to have, fantastic price. I assumed he would get something in the ~1M range.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Jean-Claude-Van-Damme-Fist-Pump.gif

Awesome price for a guy I'm comfortable with on the 3rd pairing.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Wonder if any other players will take a discount like Roo?

Letang, Maataa, Cole and Ruhwedel signed up.

Dumo and Schultz RFA

Would be a decent set but I assume Ruhwedel is 2 way.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Wow, seriously? I assumed he would get some kind of raise because he came in and did the job whenever he was called upon.

Great guy to have, fantastic price. I assumed he would get something in the ~1M range.

He probably could have got ~$1M but it would be a 1 year deal. He probably decided that $1.3m over 2 years is better than $900k for 1.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
I'm assuming it is a 1-way contract? It doesn't specify in the details.

Yeah, I think they would have specified if it were a two-way deal. And really, that's why the cap hit is reasonable. For a guy who's bounced around a bit between leagues, it's a big plus to know that if for some reason you did end up in the AHL, you'd at least be making the same salary.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
That's ****ing cheap. With the amount of teams that are desperate for D thought he would have tried to look for a bigger contract.

Why would you want to leave though right?

JR probably said this is what we can afford right now feel free to look around though.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Nice, and cheap. 6/7D as long as the rest of the D don't get in a car accident celebrating Letang's return.

Wonder if any other players will take a discount like Roo?

Letang, Maataa, Cole and Ruhwedel signed up.

Dumo and Schultz RFA

Would be a decent set but I assume Ruhwedel is 2 way.

I doubt he took a discount, tbh. He got two years and that probably did it. Maybe one way.

Schultz might take a discount because he's scared ****less of falling apart or being in a bad situation again though.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
He probably could have got ~$1M but it would be a 1 year deal. He probably decided that $1.3m over 2 years is better than $900k for 1.

Yeah, the extra year and probably being 1 way was enough to leave some money on the table.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'd be cool starting the season with DP and him rotating as 6/7. Unless something comes along to upgrade the top 4 or we move DP or another D.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Nice depth signing. RH shot and has some physicality to him. Thought he should have played more in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->