Penguins Off-Season Thread: You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll hurl

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Wow, swapping Heinze and Taglianetti...didn't see that coming. I thought Heinze was a monster of a equip manager, no?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Heinze is 53. Good chance he doesn't want to shoulder the full load of being boss and would rather step back a little and let the hungry young kid do all the worrying instead.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I was listening to the podcast and Beau had a funny story about Bylsma/Vitale.

Byslma would regularly have meetings with rookies/4th liners where he would show a video of their mistakes. Bylsma would just stop and start the videos over and over without saying much. One time Bylsma called Vitale in and kept showing him the videos. After the session Bylsma asked what he thought and Vitale said I really wanna sucker punch you right now :laugh:. Then, according to Beau, they got into a bit of a yelling match.

Beau also got asked if Bylsma was liked and he fumbled his words for a good minute :laugh:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Byslma would regularly have meetings with rookies/4th liners where he would show a video of their mistakes. Bylsma would just stop and start the videos over and over without saying much. One time Bylsma called Vitale in and kept showing him the videos. After the session Bylsma asked what he thought and Vitale said I really wanna sucker punch you right now :laugh:. Then, according to Beau, they got into a bit of a yelling match.

Beau also got asked if Bylsma was liked and he fumbled his words for a good minute :laugh:
5SUD5fH.gif

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Sid looking a little less bulky than he normally does. Tbh I had wondered if it'd be a good idea for him to trim some fat/muscle a bit as he gets older to help maximize his speed and agility

I said something similar at the end of the year after he looked slow in the playoffs. Still, it would be hard to lose a lot muscle mass in two months. He would really need to cut his calorie intake.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Factorial Jr found this somewhere and sent it to me for my birthday this past week:

ky9965Y.jpg

it came in this nifty hockey puck packaging:

SxTVPGN.jpg

kTP8YXE.jpg

Long live the pigeon logo!

Great time capsule

But that logo, like the baby blues, is cursed

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Yeah. That was really interesting. Pretty much exactly what we all saw was happening.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Malkin has always had thin legs and a dump truck ass. I hope he never sees this post.

Literally the most bizarre thing of this summer. But then again dude has a f***ing Alien and Predator statue from like a Reading swap meet in his mansion's yard so.

Wait. What? I must've missed this. Was it a rondu special?

If you were curious what someone who exists off of Sheetz’s MTOs thought.

Hey now, you've got me for that.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I need to watch some Latvia games. It would be worth knowing if Blueger elevates his game when he's expected to be "the man." There's still a chance that he's a low-end 2C and just hasn't been given the chance yet.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Rascal Dupree. I love that dude. I wonder what he's doing now?

Honestly, and I know this is a bit harsh, but I think the best thing he did for the organization was retire when he did. While he was serviceable, he was awful in 2015. He didn't mesh well with Malkin and he was only okay in the bottom 6. His retirement opened the door for the WBS boys to get some time and that was ultimately going to tell the tale of 2016. We talk a lot about the JR trades and coaching change as being huge...but Dupuis's retirement was just as big of a factor.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Honestly, and I know this is a bit harsh, but I think the best thing he did for the organization was retire when he did. While he was serviceable, he was awful in 2015. He didn't mesh well with Malkin and he was only okay in the bottom 6. His retirement opened the door for the WBS boys to get some time and that was ultimately going to tell the tale of 2016. We talk a lot about the JR trades and coaching change as being huge...but Dupuis's retirement was just as big of a factor.

From my POV this is actually a fairly charitable take haha

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Dupuis' LTIRment was more of a boon for creating the cap space to do Scuderi for Daley than it was letting one extra WBS guy in imo.

Reactions: Gurglesons

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Dupuis' LTIRment was more of a boon for creating the cap space to do Scuderi for Daley than it was letting one extra WBS guy in imo.

Sorta. I would say the roster slot helped us out more. Not sure how much the retention on Scuderi played a role in the deal going down.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Latvian hockey is in a sad state if Blueger is the captain. I guess there are only 4 or so active Latvians in the NHL? I don’t know why but I thought there would be more.

I’ll be pulling for Teddy since it will be challenging to root for Mike Sullivan.

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Latvian hockey is in a sad state if Blueger is the captain. I guess there are only 4 or so active Latvians in the NHL? I don’t know why but I thought there would be more.

I’ll be pulling for Teddy since it will be challenging to root for Mike Sullivan.

It's a country with the land size roughly that of west virginia. What do you expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad