News Article: Penguins name Andy Chiodo goaltending coach; Mike Buckley relieved of duties

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I am going to go on record and say that if they do end up keeping Jarry, he will be more consistent during the year and play well in the post season. We've already suffered the disaster, hopefully we're due a bounce back.

The rest of the team, I have considerably less faith about.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
to me, it sounds like they waited this long to fire Buckley because they wanted to bring in another goalie, and when that didn’t materialize because prices of vet goalies went through the roof, their backup plan was to try to improve Jarry’s performance by firing his coach…
nah! he was gone after the season. it just took hexy this long to get out the letter.:)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Buckley should have been fired the day after they were eliminated. Goaltending really started going to shit after Bales left and he took over.
When bales took over Murray was doing well and then Murray's guy, Buckley took over for Fleury's guy, Bales and here we are.

Buckley f***ed over the mental game of Murray and Jarry and now they finally fire his ass.

A dollar short and a day late.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Chiodo, chiodo.... chiodo..... wasn't he the goalie in the AHL for the penguins for awhile, never quite making it to a regular NHL fitting?

Reactions: Night Shift

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Chiodo, chiodo.... chiodo..... wasn't he the goalie in the AHL for the penguins for awhile, never quite making it to a regular NHL fitting?

He played enough NHL for me to watch him lose in San Jose, lol. But I mean, Dan Focht and Milan Kraft were the only Pens to score, so can't really blame him in 03-04 ahahahahhaha

Look at this roster and REMEMBER....remeeeeeemmmmmmberrrrrrr:
penshorrible.jpg

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Hopefully the AHL replacement guy isn't JS Aubin. I hated that guy!
Not that I could remember vividly due to my brain not being fully developed, but wouldn’t Aubin have stretches where he would absolutely dominate in net? I think I remember him single-handedly winning games late in the disaster of the season that was 03-04.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
He played enough NHL for me to watch him lose in San Jose, lol. But I mean, Dan Focht and Milan Kraft were the only Pens to score, so can't really blame him in 03-04 ahahahahhaha

Look at this roster and REMEMBER....remeeeeeemmmmmmberrrrrrr:
View attachment 459634

One of my favorite rosters. No joke, I loved our X Generation. $20 student rush tickets for glass seats. Take me back!

People want long pants hockey. That was it! We had Jackman and Tarnstrom terrorizing the opposition nightly. O the glory days before Sid and Geno ruined the prices.

Reactions: EightyOne

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
One of my favorite rosters. No joke, I loved our X Generation. $20 student rush tickets for glass seats. Take me back!

People want long pants hockey. That was it! We had Jackman and Tarnstrom terrorizing the opposition nightly. O the glory days before Sid and Geno ruined the prices.

And the Igloo. The new arena is just so sterile.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Hopefully the AHL replacement guy isn't JS Aubin. I hated that guy!

Never forget that guy said Wilkes-Barre Scranton was a shit hole and he either wanted to stay a Pittsburgh Penguin NHL'er or get shopped.

Something like that. He eventually went back to WBS in the irony of it all... bet the reception from ol coal town wasn't too friendly for him.

hah!
He even looked like an asshole that guy....

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Never forget that guy said Wilkes-Barre Scranton was a shit hole and he either wanted to stay a Pittsburgh Penguin NHL'er or get shopped.

Something like that. He eventually went back to WBS in the irony of it all... bet the reception from ol coal town wasn't too friendly for him.

hah!
He even looked like an asshole that guy....

Don't remember Aubin saying that. Ha! my hate is justified...sorta. ;)

Reactions: LOGiK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad