Rumor: Penguins interested in Zucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Zucker scored a nice breakaway goal tonight. Having he and a healthy Guentzel playing on the top 6 would be nice.
So we have to trade you Jake? :( We wanna you know, keep him. Was on pace for another 40 goal season until that bitch Chabot decided he's cancelled.

That Zucker goal made me think "yo it's Kessel!".

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Foligno is tough, but Zucker scores goals, and his speed can expose a team's D if they are pinching too much.

Addison would be nice, but he is way more valuable to PIT than he is to MN, who has Spurgeon, Dumba, Pateryn, Belpedio, Mennell(tearing up the AHL) and the Johanssons over in the SHL who all play RHD. A promising C prospect is what they need, and I don't think the Pens have one of note.

I just don't think that the Pens have anything to entice the Wild to trade Zucker.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
any Pens fans know of a player Billy G was instrumental in getting on the team? that would be a good place to start to look as far as trade targets for MIN go right now I'd think.

Bill Guerin was involved with developing or being the lead on guys like - Rust, Aston-Reese, Lafferty, Murray, A. Johnson...

To name a few.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
So far the only thing BG has done in MN is hand out to much money for too long to Spurgeon and package it up with a NMC. I have no doubts that he’s a good hockey presence. He’s done wonders for the team off-ice. My concern though is that he isn’t aware that the good teams don’t have bad contracts in them. If they do, it’s maybe one. It’s so crucial to manage the cap extremely well, and the first thing he did was add another bad deal to go with the like 4 others we have. I have doubts that he has the player evaluation talent that Fenton had, so getting a good return for Zucker/Brodin would go a long way towards making me feel like he’s got good-enough negotiating skills to build a decent team.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Foligno is tough, but Zucker scores goals, and his speed can expose a team's D if they are pinching too much.

Addison would be nice, but he is way more valuable to PIT than he is to MN, who has Spurgeon, Dumba, Pateryn, Belpedio, Mennell(tearing up the AHL) and the Johanssons over in the SHL who all play RHD. A promising C prospect is what they need, and I don't think the Pens have one of note.

I just don't think that the Pens have anything to entice the Wild to trade Zucker.

I don't think we have a C prospect, let alone a promising one.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
So far the only thing BG has done in MN is hand out to much money for too long to Spurgeon and package it up with a NMC. I have no doubts that he’s a good hockey presence. He’s done wonders for the team off-ice. My concern though is that he isn’t aware that the good teams don’t have bad contracts in them. If they do, it’s maybe one. It’s so crucial to manage the cap extremely well, and the first thing he did was add another bad deal to go with the like 4 others we have. I have doubts that he has the player evaluation talent that Fenton had, so getting a good return for Zucker/Brodin would go a long way towards making me feel like he’s got good-enough negotiating skills to build a decent team.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jared Spurgeon (7x7.575m extension) is a strong defensive defender, both at 5v5 and on the penalty kill, with a strong positive power-play impact and a slightly above average shot and penalty differential. <a href="Micah Blake McCurdy on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/bo1bdTXUh0</a></p>&mdash; Micah Blake McCurdy (@IneffectiveMath) <a href="">September 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh and MN was supposed to be a bottom feeder but the team has gelled well

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
any Pens fans know of a player Billy G was instrumental in getting on the team? that would be a good place to start to look as far as trade targets for MIN go right now I'd think.

There are rumors that he liked Bjugstad even more than JR did, but that's not an answer Wild fans want to hear :laugh:

He was also crazy about Kasper Bjorkqvist (2nd rounder in 2016), so if Bjorkqvist wasn't out for the year, I could see him being an attractive prospect to Guerin. In terms of need, I think Legare and Hallander make the most sense for Guerin to be interested in.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
yah, and not trading him for Zucker.

I don't know about this. I also really like Hallander, but with McCann showing he can play center in the NHL and only being 23, do you really need to keep Hallander? Ditto with Blueger, you could have your NHL center group locked up for the next few years with Crosby, Malkin, McCann and Blueger if they're smart with McCann's and Blueger's contract extensions.

Hallander's upside is a 2-way 2nd line center/winger, but the Penguins aren't exactly lacking in that on the rest of their roster or prospect pool. I certainly wouldn't add a 1st on top of Hallander, but if Guerin really liked Hallander, I'd entertain the idea.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Best I can tell, Guerin had his fingers in every single pie in the player acquisition process, and tbh I wouldn't be surprised to find he knows our org depth slightly better than Rutherford. I think there's a lot of guys here he'd like or potentially have a special shine for. Only problem is that he most wants - potential top 6 Cs - is what we don't have.

I don't know about this. I also really like Hallander, but with McCann showing he can play center in the NHL and only being 23, do you really need to keep Hallander? Ditto with Blueger, you could have your NHL center group locked up for the next few years with Crosby, Malkin, McCann and Blueger if they're smart with McCann's and Blueger's contract extensions.

Hallander's upside is a 2-way 2nd line center/winger, but the Penguins aren't exactly lacking in that on the rest of their roster or prospect pool. I certainly wouldn't add a 1st on top of Hallander, but if Guerin really liked Hallander, I'd entertain the idea.

I'd hate to move Hallander, he was built to play Sully hockey and he's the closest prospect we have on lazy assessments, but if it was what it took and there were no better moves available, I'd do it any day.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

I really like Hallander. rather move Legare, POJ or Addision.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I really like Hallander. rather move Legare, POJ or Addision.
I really don't want to move Addison, especially since Schultz won't be back. Having a RD of Letang, Marino, Addison is a lot better than having Ruh or Trotman there.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Zucker would be a HUGE addition to the Pens playing alongside Crosby.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I really don't want to move Addison, especially since Schultz won't be back. Having a RD of Letang, Marino, Addison is a lot better than having Ruh or Trotman there.

eh. you can find a 3rd RD in FA , and Ruh isnt bad. i dont think Addison sitting behind Marino and Letang is gonna be good for his development

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
eh. you can find a 3rd RD in FA , and Ruh isnt bad. i dont think Addison sitting behind Marino and Letang is gonna be good for his development
most rookie defenseman don't come in and play top 4 minutes right away. Having him as the 3RD is a good starting point for him, and if he excels, even better for us.

Reactions: Pens and Flames

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I hope Guerin just doesn’t focus on Pittsburgh and Fields offers from other teams. What other teams can offer for Zucker is probably more appetizing than what Pittsburgh can give.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I'm just not sure it makes sense for either team. Will Pitts be getting any injured players back for the POs?

Doesn't PITT need draft picks as Crosby and Malkin get older? They are still very amazing players but someday they will need backup at C.

IDK I just don't see it unless the main piece is a 1st and the prospect or young player coming back to MN basically is used to possibly fill Zucker's spot in the future, though MN has many wingers.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

Thats the best for this development. The 09 Cup team had letang on the 3rd pair. Below Gonchar and Gill/Scuds (I Forget who was on the RD in that pair)

Hamurai

Jun 19, 2019
Pittsburgh
I'm just not sure it makes sense for either team. Will Pitts be getting any injured players back for the POs?

Doesn't PITT need draft picks as Crosby and Malkin get older? They are still very amazing players but someday they will need backup at C.

IDK I just don't see it unless the main piece is a 1st and the prospect or young player coming back to MN basically is used to possibly fill Zucker's spot in the future, though MN has many wingers.
I’d rather the pens try to get another cup with crosby and Malkin and be shit for a few years than keep some late firsts.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
There are rumors that he liked Bjugstad even more than JR did, but that's not an answer Wild fans want to hear :laugh:

He was also crazy about Kasper Bjorkqvist (2nd rounder in 2016), so if Bjorkqvist wasn't out for the year, I could see him being an attractive prospect to Guerin. In terms of need, I think Legare and Hallander make the most sense for Guerin to be interested in.

Legare or Hallander make NO SENSE for Pittsburgh to deal.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'd trade Hallander in such a scenario, but I'm not adding a first round pick in addition. Hallander and a 4th rounder for example? Maybe a 3rd? I'd consider that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->