Friedman: Penguins interested in Jack Roslovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Who is Roslovic improving, cause I’d probably take Bennett, Dube, or Mangiapane over him.
Mangiapane plays the left side. The top 3 RW guys are Bennett, Dube and Leivo. I'd take Dube ahead of him and when Bennett is playing well him too. I'd take Roslovic ahead of Leivo and bad Sam Bennett.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Yeah, and Zucker is a damn good player, the hell sport are watchin when you claim Zucker is a bad player? Your words not mine.
Zucker has been basically invisible so far. 0 goals. Terrible advanced stats. Looks like a 4th liner at best. Iam saying right now he is probably the 3rd or 4th worst forward on the pens. His mediocre play backs this up

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Zucker has been basically invisible so far. 0 goals. Terrible advanced stats. Looks like a 4th liner at best. Iam saying right now he is probably the 3rd or 4th worst forward on the pens. His mediocre play backs this up

Pretty much everyone not named Mark Jankowski or Brandon Tanev have been basically invisible so far, 0 goals, terrible advanced stats and look like 4th liners, maybe we should trade,fire, or kill all them also based off this ridiculously dumb statement, care to continue to embarrass yourself in front of a live studio audience chief?

Reactions: Extra Texture

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

Thank you for letting everyone know that you should not be taken seriously. Yikes.

Reactions: Jackpot Jaret

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Did you just start watching hockey a week ago?

Zucker has a pedigree of success and is the only member of the top 6 who is playing well right now 5 on 5. Zucker is fine.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

id love to see these so called advanced stats that are terrible because the ones i see are..

CF% - 55.24
FF % - 63.64
xGF%- 60.15
SCF%- 61.29

those metrics are excellent

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Penguins seem to do well on trades... They will probably give up something as low as a 3rd or 4rth rounder and not have to give up a prospect like Poulin or Legare.

LRS87

Oct 7, 2020
"16. Pittsburgh’s been pretty clear in its interest in, who is waiting for a trade from Winnipeg. One source indicated the interest shouldn’t be tied to the Penguins’ first two losses. It’s something they’ve looked at for awhile."
31 Thoughts: Why Avalanche traded Ian Cole to Minnesota

My guess is that JR thought Tanev would be 4RW and Roslovic could be our 3RW with McCann/Jank. Now with Tanev playing really good, maybe they don't pull the trigger.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Maybe we can get Tanev back for roslovic but I doubt it. He is what the jets need and should never have let walk.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What do they have left to offer? in less than a year they have traded the following.

2020 1st
Filip Hallinder
2021 1st
Callen Addsion

That's 2 1sts

and arguably their #2 and #3 prospects, certainly 2 of their top 5.

Their farm system is dead, save save for Samuel Poulin.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
"16. Pittsburgh’s been pretty clear in its interest in, who is waiting for a trade from Winnipeg. One source indicated the interest shouldn’t be tied to the Penguins’ first two losses. It’s something they’ve looked at for awhile."
31 Thoughts: Why Avalanche traded Ian Cole to Minnesota

My guess is that JR thought Tanev would be 4RW and Roslovic could be our 3RW with McCann/Jank. Now with Tanev playing really good, maybe they don't pull the trigger.

Maybe they asked Tanev about him, since they were teammates. I'd say Tanev-Mc Cann-Roslovic would be a very good 3rd line. Slip Jankowski down a line, and you also have added a forward with top 6 potential in the case of injury, in Roslo.

I have no idea what Chevy is asking for right now though. I think there would be some interest in Cody Ceci, as our RD depth is increasingly thing. Might have to take Niku back though for the roster space. If Poulin isn't on the table, hopefully the 2021 2nd is. And a 2022 pick (3rd?). Jets are a draft and develop team, that could use some more draft picks to keep drafting quality players. Mason Appleton is playing quite well in Roslovic's place, so I don't think Roslovic is coming back.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
No. Please no, Rutherford. If he's thinking about making this deal and the price is anything other than pennies on the dollar (not likely) ownership should take his phone away and bundle him off to some remote mountain resort.

Does Roslovic on the Pens, as a "buy low" prospect interest me? Yes, In the sense that good young players with potential are always going to be interesting. Do we need him or is he the key to anything right now? Almost certainly not.

Right now the Bottom 6 is one of the few things actually working for the Pens. Blueger has been excellent. Jankowski has been a "buy low" hit. Soon (we pray) Rodrigues will be dropped down the depth chart to the bottom 6, so suddenly he's competing for a place there. Tanev and Sceviour have been really good too. What is the sense giving up assets to fix something that aint broken? I hear Jets fans saying that he's got top 6 potential, but the Pens have no need there, and need to fix what they do have (and find some line combos there with chemistry) before they can think about trying to augment it. Kapanen hasnt even played with Malkin or Sid yet.

In addition, the return would scare me as it always does with this GM. If its a package around Riikola, an injury to Petterson means POJ is going to be thrown into the deep end. More likely knowing Sullivan, it will be Czuczman or Ceci again, god forbid. If its a high pick, or a Poulin/Legare tier prospect, I'll flip a table. And if its pennies on the dollar, why the hell would the Jets even think about that?

Again, I'll admit to being intrigued by the move. On his "change of scenery" players JR has a pretty decent track record: Hagelin, McCann, Daley, Schultz initially, now Jankowski hopefully. It's on those big splash moves or rehab projects where he seems to get burned, over and over. But the only move the Pens should make right now is assessing the coaching situation after another 10-12 games. Roster moves aint gonna do it.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Maybe we can get Tanev back for roslovic but I doubt it. He is what the jets need and should never have let walk.

Even with his long term deal @ 3.5M that every fan laughed at...Tanev is more than worth it. He's awesome.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Pretty much everyone not named Mark Jankowski or Brandon Tanev have been basically invisible so far, 0 goals, terrible advanced stats and look like 4th liners, maybe we should trade,fire, or kill all them also based off this ridiculously dumb statement, care to continue to embarrass yourself in front of a live studio audience chief?

Well well pal...another game another egg by zucker 0, 0,0, etc.. sid been fine. Even malkin scored. Blueger ..goal. Kapanen first game and was better .he has been probably the worst forward on the team so far....must suck to be wrong all the time chief??

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Maybe they asked Tanev about him, since they were teammates. I'd say Tanev-Mc Cann-Roslovic would be a very good 3rd line. Slip Jankowski down a line, and you also have added a forward with top 6 potential in the case of injury, in Roslo.

I have no idea what Chevy is asking for right now though. I think there would be some interest in Cody Ceci, as our RD depth is increasingly thing. Might have to take Niku back though for the roster space. If Poulin isn't on the table, hopefully the 2021 2nd is. And a 2022 pick (3rd?). Jets are a draft and develop team, that could use some more draft picks to keep drafting quality players. Mason Appleton is playing quite well in Roslovic's place, so I don't think Roslovic is coming back.
Ceci is of no interest to the Jets, I would think. They could have signed him cheaply in the offseason if they wanted, and signed Beaulieu and Forbort instead.

Reactions: snowkiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->