Friedman: Penguins interested in Jack Roslovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamurai

Jun 19, 2019
Pittsburgh
When was he a scratch for the Jets? He played in the top 6 for half of last season when Wheeler was the second line center.

His issue is 100% about getting opportunities in the top 6 based on all reports. He wants to be able to earn a bigger contract next time. I haven't read anything to suggest he's asking for too much money this time or that he has any other problems than a lack of top 6 opportunity.

yeh it basically boils down to why he wouldn’t sign his QO. Would he if promised a top 6 role in hopes of proving himself and getting a larger contract next time? Or does he want job security and a long term deal like in the excerpt @Empoleon8771 posted?

I don’t see how the pens could provide either

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I feel like the deal makes sense for both team

Both player have similar value, Roslovic could replace Bozak as the third line center moving forward and Winnipeg needs to get some sandpaper back... They lost their identity of a big and tough team to play against with the leaving of Byfuglien, Trouba, Lemieux and Chiarot.

Copp - Lowry - Blais would be a nightmare to play against.
That’s kind of what I was thinking about Blais. I agree with you, the Jets need someone to initiate some chippyness. I feel like the Jets are very reactionary with that type of play and we all know the guy who reacts seems to get the penalty. On top of that the guys have reacting are their top offensive players. Ehlers fought Tkachuk in the play in, Laine stood up for Connor last week. These guys don’t seem confident their bottom 6 are going to take care of business when needed.

I like the idea of that type of player for the Jets.

Reactions: LMFAO

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
He probably would get powerplay time as the center on the 2nd PP unit. He'd just be replacing Rodrigues' current role, which is a 3rd line RW that subs into the top-6 when there's an injury to a top-6 RWer and also a guy on the 2nd PP unit.

Not showing "commitment" is juggling him between being in the lineup and being scratched and hearing his name in trade rumors. I highly doubt he'd be refusing to sign with the Jets right now if he only was mad about not getting top-6 minutes.
Tell us all about how Roslovic was scratched last year.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I have faith JR will continue to ruin this organization. by making a ridiculous trade by overpaying for a marginal player.

Recent trade acquisitions on the roster:
Zucker
Kapanen
Matheson
Marino
McCann

Turrble. Just turrble.

Reactions: Hamurai

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, and Zucker is a damn good player, the hell sport are watchin when you claim Zucker is a bad player? Your words not mine.

I've been baffled by a few "Pens" fans that say Zucker is a bad player. I chalk it up to an individual that barely understands the sport as no actual fan could believe he isn't a good player that has a positive impact.

As for Roslovic...if he's reasonably priced than whatever, just none of this 1st rounder crap...but as others mentioned our GM has that 2022 pick burning a hole in his pocket.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
I've been baffled by a few "Pens" fans that say Zucker is a bad player. I chalk it up to an individual that barely understands the sport as no actual fan could believe he isn't a good player that has a positive impact.

As for Roslovic...if he's reasonably priced than whatever, just none of this 1st rounder crap...but as others mentioned our GM has that 2022 pick burning a hole in his pocket.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I like the idea of the Flames acquiring Roslovic. I'd move a 2nd and 3rd if the Jets took equal cap back. The Flames have 3 very good forward pairings, but the 3rd member of 2 of those lines could be improved.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
I like the idea of the Flames acquiring Roslovic. I'd move a 2nd and 3rd if the Jets took equal cap back. The Flames have 3 very good forward pairings, but the 3rd member of 2 of those lines could be improved.

Who is Roslovic improving, cause I’d probably take Bennett, Dube, or Mangiapane over him.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015

So far Zucker looks like the only member of our top 6 whos going. He's just fine. The only change I'd like to see there is a look with Sid instead of Geno for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->