Recalled/Assigned: Penguins have recalled Jayson Megna

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think you'd have to assume that the whole organization is pretty keyed into these things. Modernizing communications and then forging strong connections between the farm clubs and Pens was one of the first things Shero did when he got here. It's a major part of his legacy with this organization.

I don't see anyway that a player gets recalled without Shero discussing it with both Bylsma, Hynes, and Botterill (perhaps even the assistant coaches) first. That's just not Shero's MO. Everyone from the top on down seems tp be in constant communication, according to everything that's been written about the front office.

Edit: This is partially why I think it's ludicrous when people claim that Shero doesn't see what's going on with the lineup. The guy lives and breathes the game AND he's surrounded by people who also live and breathe the game. And on top of that, paying attention to the lineups and players in all parts of the organization is pretty much a part of everyone's job there.

You can disagree with the front office's choices on many fronts, but I don't think ignorance of what other parts of the organization are doing is one of them.

Don't they meet up each day and rate these guys? DB & RS, or by other means when they're not in the same part of the continent. Video chat.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
It's a communication thing, I am sure looking at the stat line and asking Hynes is something Bylsma does when he needs a new body up on the big club, but I was hoping Gibbons would get called up, it would kind of suck to be him, he's putting up good numbers, but maybe his play doesn't add up to being NHL ready, as of yet.

Megna has "NHL speed" which has been said a lot, he seems like one of those guys that could put it all together in the right situation.

I kind of figured that Megna getting called up over Gibbons was because Megna is 6'1" and Gibbons is 5'8".... ;)

Gwydyr

Allons-y Alonso
Jul 12, 2013
I kind of figured that Megna getting called up over Gibbons was because Megna is 6'1" and Gibbons is 5'8".... ;)

Guess Gibbons is just not up to snuff. He'd certainly be a step down from Megna. I suppose that is why Gibbons is on such a short leash. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->