Rumor: Penguins have offers for one of their goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Sounds like this is talking about Murray and multiple teams have made offers. It sounds like JR is waiting it out until another team does with Murray what he likes to do, overpay to get a player they want.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd guess teams are offering 2nd rounders and he's waiting for a 1st.
I'd be weary of dealing a 1st for Murray myself. But from an OTT perspective I'd think about that NYI 1st for him.

Again just a pure guess on my end here

I don't think JR is asking for draft picks in exchange for Murray. I could see a situation where teams are offering "fair value" for Murray, but just not in a format JR wants. He may want win-now help, not picks and prospects.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I don't think JR is asking for draft picks in exchange for Murray. I could see a situation where teams are offering "fair value" for Murray, but just not in a format JR wants. He may want win-now help, not picks and prospects.
How often do goalies get traded for impactful roster players? I shudder to think of the return JR would get if he actually got a player.

If he can get a late 1st for him, (which seems more likely than like an actually good player we would use) He’d be stupid not to take it.

He is stupid though so who knows

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I have a sinking feeling Sakic may get in on this considering how Francouz has been in the playoffs and his “unfit to play” status suddenly happens and Bednar mentions in the post game that they had a discussion and decided to go with Hutchinson, then flips it and says Frankie was unplayable.

Wondering if Francouz is done in Col

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How often do goalies get traded for impactful roster players? I shudder to think of the return JR would get if he actually got a player.

If he can get a late 1st for him, (which seems more likely than like an actually good player we would use) He’d be stupid not to take it.

He is stupid though so who knows

Doesn't really matter. He gets a third liner for Murray, or he gets a 1st for Murray and packages it with Legare for a third liner.

Reactions: DemidovSaveUs

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
I have a sinking feeling Sakic may get in on this considering how Francouz has been in the playoffs and his “unfit to play” status suddenly happens and Bednar mentions in the post game that they had a discussion and decided to go with Hutchinson, then flips it and says Frankie was unplayable.

Wondering if Francouz is done in Col

They need a complete goaltender overhaul.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
How likely is Murray to go to arbitration? Would he then be a UFA in 1 year?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How likely is Murray to go to arbitration? Would he then be a UFA in 1 year?

I think it's impossible to say how likely it is for Murray to go to arbitration, but yes he would be a UFA in a year if he got to arbitration.

I think the risk with Murray is higher because he may not want to sign a long term deal after a down year, or at least not want to sign a long term deal considering what teams would offer him. But with that being said, I think most Murray trades would come as a sign and trade type of situation, where the new team works out a deal with Murray and then completes the trade.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t get how people think Murray holds a ton of value given how volatile goalies are. 2nd rounder. Wasn’t an NHL caliber goalie this year.

Reactions: Tom Stoolery

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don’t get how people think Murray holds a ton of value given how volatile goalies are. 2nd rounder. Wasn’t an NHL caliber goalie this year.
He has less value for sure because it's a goalie market but he for sure has some value, not to keep tooting the "cups" horn but GMs do value that.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
They need a complete goaltender overhaul.

You're probably not wrong. Grubauer seems very injury prone and Francouz doesn't look like a starter (I'll give him a pass if this is injury related, but I don't think it is with the way Bednar talked in the presser last night)

Reactions: qqaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->