Pre-Game Talk: Penguins Fan Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
Is it so damn hard for another fan base to give us credit for a win?

In the entire Crosby era I have never once heard another team's fans say, "We were beaten by the better team tonight."

It's always, "Refs this. Bettman that. Crosby whines/dives this."

Is every team's fans made up of sore losers?

I just read the Leafs board after the game and apparently they lost 3-0 to the refs. The refs cheated by giving 2:06 power play time to 2:00. And of course, they only missed calls one way.

/rant

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
Relish it.

Done.

Not sure how it helps but it's delicious.

s-l300.jpg

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
A lot of fans do. Some people choose to use excuses as to why their team lost instead of admitting they were beaten by the better team on the day.

In the end it doesn’t really matter. Enjoy the wins!!!!!!!

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Carolina's fans were pretty good natured, last I checked.

Well... I mean... how else can you really be if you are a Carolina fan?

This board was really good natured too when the team was getting walked all over for five straight seasons.

To the OP -- extended success, often in glorious fashion is guaranteed to turn vast swaths of fans a delicious shade of green. Having both Crosby and Malkin on the team this whole time exacerbates it even more. But many seem to forget the shit they had to trudge through to get to that point.

Plus like pixies said... it's Toronto. Their media is insane. And with all this failure for so many years in such a crazed market -- even the hint of some success is going to push them into crazed territory.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
You know, as a Steeler fan I used to bitch and moan about the Pats all the time and their shenanigans on the field, especially at Foxboro.

While I still believe that they have cheated in the past and maybe still do, I’ve come to realize that they are just a well built, well developed, well disciplined team. What pisses me off more than anything now is that other NFL franchises can’t seem to duplicate what New England does. And don’t get me started on Mikey T...

Other fans hate Sid for the same reason I hate Tom Brady. Lol. He’s the best and every time you think you’ve got him on the ropes, he rips your heart out and eats it.

Reactions: pi314

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Is it so damn hard for another fan base to give us credit for a win?

In the entire Crosby era I have never once heard another team's fans say, "We were beaten by the better team tonight."

It's always, "Refs this. Bettman that. Crosby whines/dives this."

Is every team's fans made up of sore losers?

I just read the Leafs board after the game and apparently they lost 3-0 to the refs. The refs cheated by giving 2:06 power play time to 2:00. And of course, they only missed calls one way.

/rant

It's a fanbase that's already crowned itself Stanley Cup champion for the next decade. Did you really expect them to not come up with excuses for why their unstoppable juggernaut lost last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad