News Article: Penguins extend qualifying offers: Pettersson, ZAR, Blueger, Johnson and Blandisi

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
:laugh:

My favorite Adams highlight.
iu

I will never forget the media guys on The Fan talking about that and saying “Adams is showing leadership and trying to send a message that the team needs to wake up.”

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Cullen just needs to retire and sail off into the sunset.

He really should have done that after the B2B, or at least not have been signed here again. He hasn't been bad and is incredible for his age, but come on, step aside. The Penguins are an older team as it as these days.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
He really should have done that after the B2B, or at least not have been signed here again. He hasn't been bad and is incredible for his age, but come on, step aside. The Penguins are an older team as it as these days.

Cullen doesn’t have to do anything. Rutherford needs to not be tied to him and sign him despite his showing age and cheaper players who can easily replace him.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Cullen doesn’t have to do anything. Rutherford needs to not be tied to him and sign him despite his showing age and cheaper players who can easily replace him.

Cullen was league minimum last year. Doesn't get cheaper than that.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Mike Reilly just signed for 2 years @ 1.5 million with the Habs, think that means Pettersson is looking at least 2 million for a similar length deal.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Great, chances are you have them in the minors. If not, pick one up for cheap as the season goes on. Zero need to have brought Cullen back and history bore that result.

Yeah, that worked out great in 17/18.

Cullen was decent last season and was a positive for the Pens. He's not needed next season, but last season would have been worse without him.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Yeah, that worked out great in 17/18.

Cullen was decent last season and was a positive for the Pens. He's not needed next season, but last season would have been worse without him.

They would have likely won as many playoff games either way.

TheDuderino

May 1, 2019
CT USA
I find it fascinating that 90% of this topic was spent on Matt Cullen. They aren't re-signing him or Garret Wilson. Pettersson will get the better contract...followed by ZAR, Blueger and Johnson. If what I've heard coming out of the prospects camp is true (raw,unrefined and medium talent) then they need to commit to those three players for at least three years.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Ihfk58k.gif

we scored 1 goal three games in a row. Or are you talking about the problem being in the Isles net? Because it certainly wasn't in ours.

LOLZ, what're you talking about bro.

MM had a save percentage 0.906 throughout the playoffs. It needed to be at least 2, maybe 3, times that amount. And if you exclude that first game that went to OT, he's still only at 0.915. He needed to be twice as good.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
LOLZ, what're you talking about bro.

MM had a save percentage 0.906 throughout the playoffs. It needed to be at least 2, maybe 3, times that amount. And if you exclude that first game that went to OT, he's still only at 0.915. He needed to be twice as good.

:sarcasm:
and I don't think he had a single goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad