Proposal: Penguins Derrick Pouliot for Adrian Kempe

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
So going into next offseason, if we can only protect three d, we're picking Letang, Maata, and Dumoulin. Meaning Pouliot would be exposed. He is ready to step in now, and probably was last year too, but Schultz was playing well and we lacked right handed defensemen so Pouliot was the scratch. Obviously Kempe was a first rounder two years ago, and should be ready to come up soon too. Ideally for us, he would step in and replace Kunitz after he retires next year.

From what I gather, you guys are tight on cap space and need help on d. You were playing Scuderi last year after all. Pouliot is cheap, young, and ready to contribute. Fair deal???

member 88115

I agree with Ziggy Shore or Dowd. Pouliot would also be exposed since we would protect Doughty, Muzzin & Martinez.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
No way. The Kings are loaded with LHD no need for him. Kings also don't have many skilled prospects on the offensive side, so wouldn't want to lose Kempe

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Would be a hell of a trade for the Pens, but no, that actually creates more problems for us than it solves. I think that was thought out pretty well, just hard to know some of those micro-issues (LD overflow) from the outside in, and I think Kempe is raw enough that his (imo VERY) high ceiling makes his value hard to nail.

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
Also, if team speed is an issue for us - and I think it is to some extent, but feel free to disagree - Kempe is a part of the cure for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->