Confirmed with Link: Penguins avoid arbitration with Dumoulin for another 6 years AAV $4.1million

tbassett

Jun 12, 2014
Barnesboro, PA
The AAV is a little high but with that length you can't really complain. Will make things a little tight this year, especially when we still need a 3C. But I'm happy with it

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah that's a completely expected cap hit for what he brings.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Bam. I'll take it. I know Maatta's deal was signed at a different time in his career, but in the here and now there's no way to justify to Dumo and his agent that he should be paid less.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I like the player, but i don't like the deal.

Its about 500K more per year then he deserves IMO.

Based on... ? Comparable players have been going in the $4- to $5-mil range as UFAs. This deal buys 4 UFA years. If you give him a Brendan Smith value of $4.35-mil in UFA years, that works out to $3.6-mil in his two RFA years. Pretty reasonable.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I like the player, but i don't like the deal.

Its about 500K more per year then he deserves IMO.

When you factor in NHL inflation and what a guy like Dumo would command on the open market, I think it's more than fair. You need to lock guys like Dumo up or else you end up taking the Caps approach and overpaying and getting stuck in bad contracts once the guys are past they're prime.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Was hoping for 3.5 long term. Dumo gets almost the price he was asking for (4.3). Guessing Sheary is getting the Arvidsson deal now? ugh.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Based on... ? Comparable players have been going in the $4- to $5-mil range as UFAs. This deal buys 4 UFA years. If you give him a Brendan Smith value of $4.35-mil in UFA years, that works out to $3.6-mil in his two RFA years. Pretty reasonable.

Most def who produce such little offense don't get payed this much, Smith did, but most don't.

Its not an awful deal, just a little more then i'd like.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
In 2 years this will look freaking beautiful. That's high, but i am so happy we got 6 years. The term really benefits the Pens. The $$$ obviously is there to benefit Dumo. While I wish it was ANYWHERE in the 3s

I still like it. I love the term. I am happy Dumo is here for that term. After that, say goodbye and he becomes an Orpik like player.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
In 2 years this will look freaking beautiful. That's high, but i am so happy we got 6 years. The term really benefits the Pens. The $$$ obviously is there to benefit Dumo. While I wish it was ANYWHERE in the 3s

I still like it. I love the term. I am happy Dumo is here for that term. After that, say goodbye and he becomes an Orpik like player.

Keep in mind we said the same thing about the Maatta deal. I think it should look beautiful but there are no guaranteed. With that said, there is still time for the Maatta deal to look beautiful I guess.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Seems a little high considering his complete and total lack of offensive talent but oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad