Pre-Game Talk: Penguins at Maple Leafs (10-26): Ready... Angst!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
leafs_penguins.jpg

(OK swap the teams... close enough for a google quick search!)

Questions that need answering:

If we lose a third game in a row, will the ancient aliens return and cull the weak hockey players from our midst, as they were alleged to have done in 1817 in Canada?

If Geno scores a hat trick, will the masses lay appreciation wreaths and sing songs at his doorstep upon his return?

If MAF shuts out the Leafs is he better than Reimer?

Please help me to understand... I can't take it anymore!

Fire Shero*

Prediction: Sutter won't be a factor tonight

Hopefully fleury keeps up his great play. It'll be nice seeing an nhl goalie again.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I wonder what the storyline will be if we win against another top team in the East this season with skill and speed. I mean, we did just that against the Lightning (who had already beaten both the Bruins and Hawks this year) and it was forgotten in short order, so I imagine the same will apply.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Regarding your avi, Rowdy Roddy Peeper ... that means 73.3% of NHLer's say that Bylsma is NOT the smartest coach :laugh:

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
I wonder what the storyline will be if we win against another top team in the East this season with skill and speed. I mean, we did just that against the Lightning (who had already beaten both the Bruins and Hawks this year) and it was forgotten in short order, so I imagine the same will apply.

It'll be that the Leafs actually suck and beating them means nothing because they aren't a truly strong defensive team, with references to their wins coming despite weak underlying stats. Also this is the regular season and might as well not be played.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Regarding your avi, Rowdy Roddy Peeper ... that means 73.3% of NHLer's say that Bylsma is NOT the smartest coach :laugh:

I'm sure it'll be taken that way. :laugh:

It'll be that the Leafs actually suck and beating them means nothing because they aren't a truly strong defensive team, with references to their wins coming despite weak underlying stats. Also this is the regular season and might as well not be played.

That's a bingo.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston

So beating a team that finished 28th in the league last year, with a final min PP no less, is another one of our great successes?

It must be nice to think that every win is an amazing accomplishment and every loss can be excused because of injuries/hot goalie/bad bounces.

I'll say it again; it doesn't matter if they win/lose, it matters how they win/lose.

Last edited:

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Sure, you could refer to last year, or you could talk about the season so far, in which the Lightning have played very well and beaten some of the NHL's best.

Come to think of it, you're right. Our expectations for the Penguins are too high, because they were usually pretty bad between 1967 and 1985 or so.

penguins2946*

Dear Penguins,

Please stop playing like ass.

Sincerely, all Pens fans

But anyway, I'm hoping the lines will be:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Jokinen-Malkin-D'Agostini
Kobasew-Sutter-Megna
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Letang-Scuderi
Orpik-Martin
Bortuzzo-Niskanen

Maatta looked bad yesterday, give him a day off to regroup and get Bort in.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
If we're doing lines and assuming Neal and whatshisface are still out but D'Agostini is back. If he's not just remove him.

Jokinen - Crosby - Dupuis
Kunitz - Malkin - D'Agostini/Jeffrey/not Kobasew
Kobasew - Sutter - Megna/Jeffrey/D'Agostini
Glass - Vitale - Adams

Crosby can get some skill with the ability to finish (I didn't pun) and keep the puck retriever/familiar guy. Malkin gets Kunitz which might help or might not because Kunitz hasn't been good but he's familiar, and someone that's not Kobasew. Sutter can possibly get a familiar linemate back, and Kobasew can not be put in above his head. Gladamsale can be reunited and feel so good.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
That is a seriously bold prediction. Can I play? I predict that Glass will run around and hit some people, but not score or come close to scoring or setting up a score... goal.
If Glass scores I'm going to be on you like hair on a gorilla.

:sarcasm:

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
It would literally take an act of God to break up the Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis line. Heaven forbid we switch things up with Malkin struggling.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
People seem excited about D'Agostini playing. Guy scored 3 goals in 30 games last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad