Penguins are a much weaker team without Kris Letang

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
I think Maatta going out hurt us more then we know.

I'm half convinced that the reason JR picked up Erhoff was because he was planning on trading martin early in the season for some forward help. Maatta going down for the season nix'd that.

Although an entire season of the 'hoff instead of Martin probably would've been a disaster anyway. He's shown me just why he was bought out in Buffalo.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think Maatta going out hurt us more then we know.

I'm half convinced that the reason JR picked up Erhoff was because he was planning on trading martin early in the season for some forward help. Maatta going down for the season nix'd that.

Although an entire season of the 'hoff instead of Martin probably would've been a disaster anyway. He's shown me just why he was bought out in Buffalo.

I think that you are related to the one who created the thread title for this thread.

Everyone knows that Letang going out made us 'much weaker'.

Everyone has been saying all year how much Maatta going out hurt us tremendously.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
I think that you are related to the one who created the thread title for this thread.

Everyone knows that Letang going out made us 'much weaker'.

Everyone has been saying all year how much Maatta going out hurt us tremendously.

ok duh. Maatta is good at hockey, and having a good at hockey guy out hurts.

on top of that was just saying that not only was his on ice contribution greatly missed, but it screwed up the trade plans to help the forward situation.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
ok duh. Maatta is good at hockey, and having a good at hockey guy out hurts.

on top of that was just saying that not only was his on ice contribution greatly missed, but it screwed up the trade plans to help the forward situation.

I would have hoped had there not been the injuries and Ehrhoff had worked out (and likely a lot of other ifs) that they would have made the trade with one of the defensemen.

I am not entirely sure that they would have even then, but yes certainly many on this board have wanted them to maximize value on some of these players with expiring contracts to make the hoarding of defensemen make some sense.

They instead went the route of giving them all away for nothing.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
This. I'm really sick and tired of the unmerited hate that Tanger gets around here. He's easily the best dman this team has seen in years. Only our fickle fanbase can somehow find reason to complain about a 50+ point dman that plays with an edge.

And hte injury prone excuse is lame. We can easily say the same about guys like Sid, Geno, and half the other players on this team over the last 5 years alone.

I don't want to hate on Letang, but he is injury prone.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
This is four straight seasons he has missed significant time during a regular season and now the postseason. Time is now to move Letang and that $7.2 million cap hit.

If we go by that logic the team will just be fleury and Craig adams

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Whether you think Letang should stay as a pen or be traded doesn't matter.

Letang is an asset of the pens and whether he stays or is traded, He must first prove he can physically play or is he another M. Savard and remains on LTir until his contract runs out.

Yes, he has had migraines, concussions, and a stroke, it doesn't mean he is done as a player, but right now he has to get better and only time will tell. If anything going forward Letang is a big if for the Pens.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: