Speculation: Penguins: All Your Folignos Are Belong To Us

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Hypothetically, a Kaprizov/McCann/Zuccarello 2nd line would sound like what to you? Assuming Kaprizov is somewhere close to the hype.

Sounds like something that could be a very solid second line. A lot of his success came flanked by Dominik Kahun and iirc Hornqvist or Galchenyuk. So with those caliber linemates I can definitely see it.

Not guaranteeing anything, again it’s entirely possible McCann is nothing more than a Swiss Army knife who can produce a little. I’m just saying with strong linemates like that and a clear defined role I could see him taking off. Has the talent to do so.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Not that I have an issue with McCann for Foligno regardless of the answer to the following, but isn't McCann kinda being chased out of Pittsburgh because he can't play center? I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere on this board that a lot of Pens fans agree he shouldn't be a center.
He can play center. It’s just he is in a spot that he has Malkin and Crosby in front of him and he isn’t a great fit at 3C. I feel he’d thrive in a team that has good wingers but need a speedy 2C that isn’t expected to drive the line and can score when needed. And can go on hot streaks but when he isn’t running hot isn’t a defensive liability.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
His best play was at 2C this year when 87 was hurt and he had half decent linemates. I think they’re more exploring what he’d fetch in a trade due to his RFA status.

But no, he couldn’t stick at 3C. It’s weird. Then again nobody since Bonino can.

McCann’s really talented so I think on a team like Minnesota —where he’ll get decent wingers and some top 6 opportunity, as well as a defined role— he could actually be pretty good. No guarantee but I wouldn’t be surprised to see that.
Florida fan here: that's my impression of McCann. He is a 2nd line-3rd line tweener that produces when he has talent around him at C, but won;t drive the line himself.

When we had Trocheck and Barkov, he was a bit stagnant. Now I'd take him back in an instant.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
If you're going to get the Folignos, you're going to have to reacquire Bonino too. It's the rules.

They also have to bring in Mike Foligno as scout or some level of coach. Any and all goals scored by either need to have a space jump as well!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad