Prospect Info: Penguins #9 Prospect

Who's our #9 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
Miletic doesn't have the skating to jump above Johnson/Lafferty and Johnson doesn't have the overall game/ability of Lafferty. For a board that gets so hung up on skating reports, I'm surprised no one ever mentions Miletic's. It just doesn't look right at all; I actually think Guerin has brought that up in the past.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Miletic doesn't have the skating to jump above Johnson/Lafferty and Johnson doesn't have the overall game/ability of Lafferty. For a board that gets so hung up on skating reports, I'm surprised no one ever mentions Miletic's. It just doesn't look right at all; I actually think Guerin has brought that up in the past.

I keep hearing that it's bad and choppy but the few sightings I've seen of him, he's looked quick enough. Could be wrong though.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
What else is there to go by though?

TBH I would've actually voted for Miletic but I just plain forgot about him until after I voted.

I have no issue with who people actually vote for. A lot of this is going to be individual interpretation anyways.

Johnson just has a little more known. Plus he's got real acknowledgment of being brought up. That can all change on a turn of a dime. Miletic has some real upside. More than either Johnson or Lafferty so that's not a bad choice, either.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I kind of look at it as there being different tiers of the prospects. Within each tier, you can pretty much put them in any order you want, and be close enough. The real determination is whether you've got the tiers correct (I almost certainly don't, but that doesn't stop me from guessing!)

I have Angello, Drozg, Johnson, Lafferty, Larmi, Lucchini and Miletic all in the same tier. Johnson getting a cup of coffee in the NHL is pretty much what got him my vote for this round.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Fair enough. Still impressive though. If it weren't for his injuries he would've had an even better season.

It is impressive.

This said... I actually think the injuries may have helped him. A lot of guys struggle with being a pro against men for a long season the first time (or so they say). Miletec didn't have to do that - his injuries gave him breaks. Guess we'll see what's up there next season.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What makes the idea so repulsive?

Not repulsive but I think if you look at any assessment of the players left, and the organization's belief in their abilities, both Lafferty and Almari would be higher on the list...and I agree with that

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
It is impressive.

This said... I actually think the injuries may have helped him. A lot of guys struggle with being a pro against men for a long season the first time (or so they say). Miletec didn't have to do that - his injuries gave him breaks. Guess we'll see what's up there next season.

I agree about having less games to play but it’s hard to constantly be trying to play catch-up. Losing rhythm, confidence, spot in the lineup, etc.

Plus just health-wise it’s difficult to fully heal with in season injuries with any sport.

So I kinda think it maybe helped him avoid some of the difficulties you mentioned but at the same time his actual output is maybe more impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->