Post-Game Talk: Penguins 8, Sabres 4 - Doogie Houser Should've Stuck With His Once Promising Medical Career

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think that's a pretty fair way of talking about it, but at the same time, there are also players like Rust and McCann who are out producing Zuck. McCann in particular hasn't had any of the advantages that Zucker has been gifted, outside of time on PP1 very briefly, but he's still producing well beyond Mr. Minnesota and people have been slagging him all season for that trouble. McCann's scoring at a 60 point clip and people are still calling him streaky, fer chrissakes! :laugh:
Yes, people love to overreact :laugh:

Damn near everyone in that middle tier scoring range is streaky. No 40 point guy scores every other game. 60 point guys don't score 3 in 4 all year. The closest to consistent are the point per game level players, and even they score in bunches.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Are you trying to make the case that the critical elements of the fanbase here is correct on Zucker, or that the fanbase here contains large elements of irrationality on every player? :P

I think I'm just trying to point out that people get irrational about all sorts of different players and often for contradictory reasons. So when one poster makes some hot take about people hating Zucker and it has to stop, and then gets weird about McCann or Malkin, it should be a moment of self-reflection. :laugh: I think the best way to address it is basically "I don't like the player, for these reasons which are probably kind of biased and personal" because man, nothing is more boring than people pretending "which player you like" is some sort of scientific survey of worthiness.

Also people should stop having weird parasocial relationships with hockey players. That shit's cray. :laugh:

In the end, it's just us weirdos posting about hockey on the internet, so we should have more jokes and discussion and less thread wars.

Reactions: Peat

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
11 pages and everyone glosses over Rust and Guentzle to shit on Zucker. The last few games those two have looked bad and disinterested. Crosby just looks deflated on most of the plays. Something needs to happen with them cause they are going to get eaten up come Playoffs if they keep playing this way.
I'm willing to bet it's just resting for the playoffs

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
What happened to Teddy? Too much fighting last few games? Don't look like himself.

I think honestly the team is just kind of coasting by design now. But I do not like TB fighting- he’s got no skill at it and you don’t want him taking that 5 unless he’s pulling out someone more important to the other team. I have no problem with guys fighting but I’d rather they know what they’re doing if they do it.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
The thing with Gaudreau which makes him a safe signing IMO, is even if his offensive game disappears again, he's a good defensive forward and faceoff guy. So, it's not like he ceases to be valuable, he just becomes less valuable as a purely-defensive 4C than as an okay bottom 6 RW/C.

2 years at the league minimum please. Worst case he's the Baby Pens best player and one of the call up options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad