Prospect Info: Penguins #7 Prospect

Who's our #7 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The amount of guys who go undrafted and then hit a ceiling of a worthy scoring line F is very, very small in a relative sense.

a) We know that Bellerive going undrafted was a mistake by the NHL as a whole - judging his potential to succeed by all undrafted guys doesn't make sense.

b) How many guys who are 7th dmen in the Liiga in their D+3 season go on to be worthy D?

The problem with Bellerive is he generated a lot of his hype from a prospect tournament which is next to worthless.

Most of Bellerive's hype has come from high junior numbers, positive reports from the majority of people who've seen him, and the org and a number of major prospect watchers being very high on him.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The amount of guys who go undrafted and then hit a ceiling of a worthy scoring line F is very, very small in a relative sense.

The problem with Bellerive is he generated a lot of his hype from a prospect tournament which is next to worthless.

Yes he had a really good year 2 years back, but you couple the fact that many players put up those types of numbers in Jr and never become anything in the NHL and the fact he suffered serious, serious burns to a critical part of his body last year, and I'm not sold. Yet.

I'll be going to at least 10-12 Wilkes Barre games this year, probably more so I'll be seeing plenty of him and Almeida which I'm excited for but I really need to see them product against men before I put them into any serious contention for a list like this.

Folks like Dumo and Petterson aren't flashy defenders but they are vital pieces to a winning team. I think Almari absolutely has #4D potential. Somebody that can hang back and cover up for a more offensively gifted player, say a Calen Addison. To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if we one day saw the two of them skating on the same pair.
Both Dumo & Pettersson were 2nd round picks who each played well at the U20s, a tournament Almari, a late 5th rounder, never even made the cut for.

Pettersson played a much larger role with Skelleftea than Almari in SM-Luisa and Dumo was one of the best d-men in the NCAA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->