Prospect Info: Penguins #6 Prospect

Who's our #6 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Bjorkqvist jumps up 3 spots and finishes in the top-5.

#1 Samuel Poulin (35.6%) (New)
#2 Calen Addison (50%) (+2)
#3 POJ (44%) (New)
#4 Filip Hallander (60.4%) (+1)
#5 Kasper Bjorkqvist (43.2%) (+3)

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I am not as pumped about Legare as I am Almeida. I need to see more Legare. It’s cool that he scored a few goals against weak goalies in a prospect camp 3-on-3 though.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Legare was 8th in the Q in points, 3rd in goals overall. 3rd best first time draft eligible point getter and 2nd best goal scorer in the entire CHL if I’m not mistaken.

Not to diminish Almeida’s stellar season but strictly numbers wise I find Legare’s production in his draft year more impressive. So while there is absolutely a debate to be had about the tools/QoT I’m going with him.

Almeida next for me tho (and I’d have both slightly above Bjorkqvist as well).

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Almeida's stats and situation last year were kinda similar to Legare actually now that I think about it - young player on a very good line, 43 goals (2 less than Legare), question marks about how he'd do after a huge jump in production built partly on team mates when he'd now have to be the man himself (obviously this happening to Almeida a year later than Legare).

Almeida's answered those questions. Legare has yet to do so.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Went with Ameida, but I believe Legare and Bellerive are good picks as well.

Add Jacob Lucchini next.

Lucchini should definitely be on, there's a solid 6 guys at least he'd be (probably) getting my vote over; I feel like him and Pavs are gonna get a decent amount of love once we move out of the "potential big ceiling" tier and into the "tracking solidly older guy" tier.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Lucchini should definitely be on, there's a solid 6 guys at least he'd be (probably) getting my vote over; I feel like him and Pavs are gonna get a decent amount of love once we move out of the "potential big ceiling" tier and into the "tracking solidly older guy" tier.

Would you put Lucchini over some of the other WBS guys such as Miletic, Lafferty, Angello? Just based on experience, they're probably closer to playing in the NHL.

Reactions: dogthateats

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Would you put Lucchini over some of the other WBS guys such as Miletic, Lafferty, Angello? Just based on experience, they're probably closer to playing in the NHL.
Miletic and Lafferty are definitely a tier above. I think Miletic has top 6 upside as a complimentary winger and I had him ranked 3rd behind Poulin and Hallander in my prospect rankings. Lafferty on the other hand should make a good bottom 6 forward. I think Lucchini and Angello are in a similar tier. Both could develop into decent bottom 6 forwards, but they still have a ways to go.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This next batch of prospects are like the first batch, there's 3-4 of these guys that are nearly interchangable.

Legare, Bellerive, Almeida, maybe even Drozg. The first three are 6, 7, 8 and the difference between 6 and 8 is next to nothing. They are all on different levels.

I'm hoping Bellerive gets a cup of coffee this year.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I think it’ll be tough for the younger guys like Almeida & Bellerive to get called up. They’re probably behind Blandisi, Agozzino, Lafferty & Miletic.

Not in talent...those guys "shouldnt" get called up before Bellerive just because of experience..

It may take Almeida/Bellerive a full season before they deserve a call up since we are pretty stacked(unless there are injuries) tho.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
He also scored more goals than Almeida in juniors despite being 2 years younger.
Legare didn't have a busted shoulder and didn't have to wear a brace limiting his movement nearly the whole season. I will say I am impressed with Legare's goal scoring abilities. But I don't think he's as dynamic, skilled and has the hockey sense Almeida does.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Definitely not Lafferty, probably not Miletec - but maybe over Angello as him tailing away last season was disappointing. Problem with Lucchini is we don't know very much about him, but there's definitely something there.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I think it’ll be tough for the younger guys like Almeida & Bellerive to get called up. They’re probably behind Blandisi, Agozzino, Lafferty & Miletic.

They’d have to play so well that they force the org’s hand, similar to Guentzel in 2016-17.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Almari. Pens are very high on him and believe with certainty he’ll be an NHLer. We can’t say that for sure about the others who are getting more votes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad